GS3 Home Screen Weather Widget Lag

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I've recently purchased a Galaxy S3 from AT&T and I absolutely love this phone! I really like the smooth graphics and the customization, but I do have a minor nuisance that I'd like to try and fix. I've kept the "stock" weather widget on the Home screen (the one that has a neat landscape and vibrant colors). However, often times when I unlock my phone or press the home screen button to minimize an application, the Weather Widget "lags". All of my icons, and my Google search bar, load flawlessly and in an instant when I unlock or go to my Home Screen. The Weather Widget usually takes a full second or two to show up at the top of the screen. I've found that by removing all recent applications and ending tasks in the Task Manager the problem usually fixes, but I wouldn't think having only Messaging and the Photo Gallery up that it would be too strenuous on the device to properly load the Weather Widget..

Don't get me wrong, it does load pretty fast, and the "lag" happens only once every 3-4 unlocks/presses, but I'd really like to see it work as expected every time. I've tried other Weather Widgets, and they seem to be better performance-wise, but they lack the aesthetical appeal that the stock one has. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to try and fix the stock one, or a really near equivalent to the stock one that may work better?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I use beautiful widgets and it is more customizable and I have never had a lag or battery drain from it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This is what mine looks like, but I have the transparent background on my clock and weather.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356676271250.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356676271250.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 30

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've had beautiful widgets for years now. It's a paid app, don't remember the price but don't remember it being much at all. There are thousands of clock and weather skins and they are all free.

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
tn

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Ah, weird, it shows up for me. But anyways. Yeah, I do appreciate your suggestions. I'll look into new ones -- I already have tried a few, don't care for any of them except maybe Fancy Widgets or the Yahoo! one -- I just figured I'd see if anyone had an expert solution to getting it not to lag.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried BW yet? I knew I was going to use it still with this phone since it didn't seem to use as much battery and was more customizable.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I rarely pay for apps and not much when I do. I would guess this was around. $5.00.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Try HD widgets. They use WB, and are great with customization. Tried most of them, and google now is best.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol