Buggy sg3

Hersbad

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody else have a problem with their galaxy s 3? Mine always says things like Samsung syncadapters has stopped. Or, touchwiz stopped and the list goes on. It freezes my phone All the time. I'm beginning to hate this phone.. What's the deal? Can anyone help? I'm so frustrated..

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody else have a problem with their galaxy s 3? Mine always says things like Samsung syncadapters has stopped. Or, touchwiz stopped and the list goes on. It freezes my phone All the time. I'm beginning to hate this phone.. What's the deal? Can anyone help? I'm so frustrated..

You should try to get a warranty replacement or try a factory reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Mine is perfectly stable. It's possible your phone is defective. More likely some software is messing with it. Are you rooted? Have you uninstalled or frozen or disabled any apps?

As Shanicenicolle suggested, try a factory reset and use the phone completely stock for a while, with no 3rd party apps, and see how it goes. If you still have the same problems, I'd ask for a warranty replacement.

Hersbad

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I need to just sit down one afternoon and go through this whole forum and try to learn what exact my phone does. I have no idea what rooted means. I have no idea what freezing apps means. Sorry, I'm phone ed. Thanks, guys for both of you taking the time to try and help. When I called tmobile they also said to factory reset. But ugh! What a pain to have to go thru and reset all the things I had on my phone. I remember it being buggy almost immediately after I got the phone. So, how long will it have to use the phone w/o using third party apps? I use my phone for EVERYTHING and I will feel so lost without my lil friend. Lol but seriously. Should I just call tmobile and tell them I did a reset and it's still messing up so they will just send me a new phone? Thanks guys.

Hersbad

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I meant, sorry. I'm phone ignorant. It also drops calls all the time. =( I've never had a problem with tmobile and dropping calls. Oh well.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
have you updated it to 4.1.1 yet (look in settings, about device)?
If so, you probably need to factory reset (in settings, storage)
Itl wipe ALL data from your phone though like new but getting a replacement does the same

Sorry i just reread and its been dodgy since day one?
Id try the factory reset (very annoying but when you start it again, if youre on wifi, it should download all your apps again or just return it as a dud :)

If youre gona return it, download KIES for your computer, back up everything then restore it to new phone, i just hope it isnt a dodgy app or u could end up with same problem.... if so.. its factory reset time :(

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Given the problems you (the OP) describe, I would think you'd figure out within a day or two if a factory reset fixes it. If it does, figure one of the apps you've installed is causing most of the problems.

One last question: among the apps you installed, is one of them a task manager, or memory manager, or something like that? If so, uninstall it, and I bet your experience improves a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith