App to track stolen Samsung Galaxy S3

LancelotSA

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Is there any Android app that works as well as Find my iphone? I moved on from iOS. Find my iphone worked quite well. I have AVG antivirus on my SG3, and it has a locator function, but it isn't as good.

There are a few. Lookout, Where's my Android, Prey, Android Lost and Samsung own website. I use them all. Nice to know you have a few options if your phone goes missing.

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Just out of curiosity if I have the pattern lock on my stolen S3 can I install any of these apps and get the exact use out of the service... The phone is off but as stated above the S3 uses a sim card and idk if I will be able to find it...

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I have look out installed but my phone sys plan b not compatible.
I really really miss one feature on the iphone and that it the find my iphone app.
I can see where my kids are.
Note I have to use the ipad at home.... but prefer this phone to the iphone 5.
I play I don't lose it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

richcuffs

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Think outside the box.
Google Maps, possibly you had this saving your location
Auto camera upload
Apps that auto tag your location

I like the feature in Lookout where if your battery gets down to 5% it kicks in GPS and sends you an email of the last known location whether you have the phone or not.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

Mellowmarshmellow

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Well can someone help me I need all the help I can you see someone from a highschool stole someones Samsung galaxy s3 so I tried everything I can to help that person so.....:-X

Roll_Cam_Tide

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This information is too late for those that have already lost their phones, but even though the OP tried using it I highly suggest giving Cerberus another shot. It is by far my favorite of the security apps I've used, and you can even set up the sim card lock so the phone will not work without your particular sim.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Call me skeptical, but...

Some of these add on posts where the user has no history here, doesn't provide any details and asks for help in how to track a stolen phone leave me wondering if maybe someone may have just "found" a phone and are now wanting to make sure there aren't any of the suggested tracking apps installed. It's easy to want to help everyone but it's also of some value to try and qualify the question before turning over the jewels.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have Avast on both my SGS3 and my Nexus 10. It has the location service, plus I can wipe the device or send messages. I also have pattern locks on both devices. It doesn't hurt to be careful but you must plan ahead.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000