S3 notifications help & answering calls help please!

katsry

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone

I'm completely new to Android (previous iphone user) and have a few questions about my new S3...
I've got the current jellybean update and am having trouble getting the phone to send me email notifications. I'm using the Gmail app and have two accounts in there and both have the notifications box ticked yet neither of them actually notify me of new emails. I have to go into the account, hit refresh and then it loads new emails. How can I fix this? Is it the app or me that's being silly?

Also, is there a way of changing the swipe thing to answer calls? (aside from pressing the home button which seems most like cancelling a call!) Is there a function where the green swipey arrow can just be made into a green answer button?

Other than this, I'm loving being able to customise my phone...it's great! Would really appreciate your help though :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
In gmail settings, your gmail address settings, is "notifications " checked mate?

Not sure about call answering but a simple button would answer in your pocket

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah, make sure sync is on uploadfromtaptalk1356873136893.jpg

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes