Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree38Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: Help my wife enjoy the phone

Quote Originally Posted by DroidN3WB View Post
    Saying that she legitimately prefers the iPhone couldn't be further from the truth seeing as she was never really giving Android a shot.

@BadBrad17: You can get SMS's to go over lock screens with the Glowfly app. Works really well.
    It's a cell phone. She used it for the things she uses her phone for (calling, texting, FB, words with friends) and it was going fine with my tweaks, then she had the messenger crash 3 times in a row and lost all her texts. Neither of us ever had anything like that happen with our iPhones, and she never had it happen with her old blackberry or palm phone even. So basically she saw it as mostly adequate for the things she does, with a great screen, but also as buggy, and lacking in the lock screen notifications (something she really cares about). She also found the message pop up in the notification bar to be too small to read, and continued to be frustrated by the way that setting notification sounds works. I know she didn't use it for a long time, but I do think she legitimately used it, and was on the way to being happy with it, until it started crashing and becoming frustrating.

ROM
    TSBB 3.0.3/imo-5.1

Not a "forbidden fruit fanboi" but good choice for the wife
    Curious about SMS crashing... 3x:what:

sent from a Galaxy S3 near you
    Thanked by:

For example don't go into settings just use a widget.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Lol this thread got me rolling. And at first I thought he was trolling till I realized he was serious..crashing 3x. My SMS never crashed even on my PITA zte score lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Look, if you really want her to enjoy her s3, put it on vibrate,have her sit on it, and call her. Go crazy and leave a voicemail.

:-)

Sorry,had a few.;-)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    crester likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Lol this thread got me rolling. And at first I thought he was trolling till I realized he was serious..crashing 3x. My SMS never crashed even on my PITA zte score lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    I was thinking the same thing. I invested a serious amount of time today for a troll. Damn. Never again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

This is funny...if only the jury read this post before deciding Samsung infringes upon apples patents...lol I had too
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I invested a serious amount of time today for a troll. Damn. Never again.

I am not trolling (why on earth would I waste my time like that?). I was blown away to see the messaging app crash like that, but it happened, and my wife had no patience for it. To reiterate, I think it is a really nice phone, but for whatever reason, the SMS app kept crashing (seemingly at random, since I hadn't made any more changes before then).

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by spacekungfuman View Post
    I am not trolling (why on earth would I waste my time like that?). I was blown away to see the messaging app crash like that, but it happened, and my wife had no patience for it. To reiterate, I think it is a really nice phone, but for whatever reason, the SMS app kept crashing (seemingly at random, since I hadn't made any more changes before then).
    Okay I believe you, but I find it odd that she all of a sudden had these issues when no one else has had that issue. Reboot the phone and start over. It just sounds like this duck was dead in the water before it was shot.

Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

It's a cell phone. She used it for the things she uses her phone for (calling, texting, FB, words with friends) and it was going fine with my tweaks, then she had the messenger crash 3 times in a row and lost all her texts. Neither of us ever had anything like that happen with our iPhones, and she never had it happen with her old blackberry or palm phone even. So basically she saw it as mostly adequate for the things she does, with a great screen, but also as buggy, and lacking in the lock screen notifications (something she really cares about). She also found the message pop up in the notification bar to be too small to read, and continued to be frustrated by the way that setting notification sounds works. I know she didn't use it for a long time, but I do think she legitimately used it, and was on the way to being happy with it, until it started crashing and becoming frustrating.
    I'm glad your wife is getting an iPhone because that it what she should have gotten in the first place.

But don't even try to sit here and say she gave Android fair shot. She wanted an iPhone from day one because the iPhone environment is what she is used to. Whenever she saw something "different" in Android... she automatically assumed it was "wrong" instead of trying to understand it. Her mind is closed to change.
    Thanked by 2:
    cherrywithns likes this.

🙌I have to agree. Not saying it is a character flaw but Android rewards those that spend some time learning and understanding it.

Some people may not have the time so fair enough iPhone is best for them.

But after a few weeks I would say it is highly unlikely that you would find anything specifically in iPhone that you can't get very close to on Android for a new quality Android phone.

Yes it is overwhelming at first but it is definitely very rewarding. 😃

(Can you all see my emoji in the above post when using a phone?)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post
    🙌I have to agree. Not saying it is a character flaw but Android rewards those that spend some time learning and understanding it.

Some people may not have the time so fair enough iPhone is best for them.

But after a few weeks I would say it is highly unlikely that you would find anything specifically in iPhone that you can't get very close to on Android for a new quality Android phone.

Yes it is overwhelming at first but it is definitely very rewarding. 😃

(Can you all see my emoji in the above post when using a phone?)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Nice Emoji

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:
    sr2012 
    sr2012 likes this.

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts

She will be better off with the iPhone 5. Her iPhone 4 had most of what she wanted and the learning curve will be small.

On the SMS crashing. I don't ever recall having an issue on mine either. You mentioned adding an app for lock screen notifications. Those apps would be likely to be what is crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by worwig View Post
    She will be better off with the iPhone 5. Her iPhone 4 had most of what she wanted and the learning curve will be small.

On the SMS crashing. I don't ever recall having an issue on mine either. You mentioned adding an app for lock screen notifications. Those apps would be likely to be what is crashing.
    I'm thinking this as well. I've never had the messenger app crash on me either.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Tell her to get an iphone 5 problem solved. Lol she want an iphone and android is not that

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Sounds like what you should really be doing is contacting Apple and petitioning them to start building phones with proper sized screens like you see on Android phones.

It sounds like that is the solution that would make your wife the most happy.

-Suntan
    badbrad17 and crester like this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123