1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts

Default Official JB 4.1.2 for SGH-I747M?

Does anyone have any time frames on when the Official JB 4.1.2 update will be out for the SGH-I747M.
    The battery life improvement alone makes me very excited for this. I am on Telus on Ontario Canada.
    I am VERY new to to having a Galaxy S3, just switched over from a Blackberry so still learning

Thanks

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Default Re: Official JB 4.1.2 for SGH-I747M?

Check via Samsung Kies if your phone has an update waiting or not.

Other than that, try here: (it's actually 4.1.1.)

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

Or do like I do and check here daily. This is how I found out that 4.1.1 was available on my Telus S3.

Thanked by:
    mhinc 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts

I don't really understand Kies? Is that like Desktop software to physically download that update and install it rather than do it OTA?
    I don't want to root my phone, not at this point, so that is out of the question. Thanks BASSMIG, good to see someone else here on Telus with the same phone. And thanks for that page, that is very helpful! I will keep my eyes peeled. Im your opinion when do you think we will see an official OTA release from Telus for 4.1.2

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

If 4.1.1 is any indication I doubt we'll see anything before at least mid February (here's to hoping I'm wrong and they push it out like next week)...They released it(4.1.1) before Halloween on the international but it took almost 2 months to push to the rest of the devices. Hopefully because it is not as big of a release it will be quicker to push to all devices. Another good source for Canadian Phone info such as that is Mobile Syrup. Can't say I've spent a lot of time there myself but they did have some inside info around release dates as well.

I have never used kies myself I did my JB update OTA. Kies is the desktop software that allows you to update your phone and do other things through your desktop connection.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts

Thanks for the info. I figured Kies was just that. I am coming from a Blackberry and had the BB Desktop Software, which I also never used. I will just sit tight and wait for the OTA official release. I am just excited because of what I have read about better battery life with the upgrade to 4.1.2.

We just got JB. Don't expect anything for a while.

--Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

You can check for OTA updates right from the phone. You can also create a shortcut to open it directly from home screen.

I am waiting for the official update too....But by the time it gets released, 4.2.1 would be already out in most parts of the world.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    You can check for OTA updates right from the phone. You can also create a shortcut to open it directly from home screen.

I am waiting for the official update too....But by the time it gets released, 4.2.1 would be already out in most parts of the world.
    Yup I am waiting for OTA. And I have the widget for the Software update on my home screen as well
    What provider are you with mss-ca?