Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By makaroni
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Work around for my biggest S3 gripe

As a number of people have noted in this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...galaxy-s3.html

It's way too easy to accidentally change the volume when hitting the power button. The application RingGuard will prevent inadvertent volume changes by requiring you to confirm any change, and reverting to the previously set volume if you choose "No" or don't confirm at all. You can set the wait time between 5 seconds and 60 seconds. (I have it set to 5.) Having to confirm a desired volume change is, for me at least, much less of a pain than constantly having to reset the volume because I hit the volume keys while intending to hit only the power button.

PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Default Re: Work around for my biggest S3 gripe

Way too easy? Can't say I've had this problem now or ever.
    Thanked by:
    20blks 
    crester likes this.

I posted in the other thread and this was probably my only gripe but having to confirm a volume change seems a bit much. Just in my opinion though. I'd rather just try and work around it

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    ansextra likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Way too easy? Can't say I've had this problem now or ever.
    Then you won't be interested in the app. But because the volume and power buttons are directly opposite each other, I tend to have my fingers and thumb opposite each other when operating the power button. And I'm not alone.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Then you won't be interested in the app. But because the volume and power buttons are directly opposite each other, I tend to have my fingers and thumb opposite each other when operating the power button. And I'm not alone.
    It's just something you will get used to...

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Guess I just learned how to not push them together.

My biggest gripe with the SGS3 is the BT Headset/Jellybean debacle.. Please fix that and I'll pay for that fix!
    crester likes this.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

So i guess i can assume you're not using a case
    even with my thin case, its harder to press the volume and power buttons...
    Verizon GS3 - "Give me signal or give me death!"

I'd have to say that after the first weekend of using the phone, I may accidentally press the volume button once a month at most when turning the phone off (I almost never use the power button to turn it on.)

Even when it does get pressed, it only bumps it up or down one notch. I know it can be annoying from an anal-retentive point of view, but I don't find it too problematic. I certainly wouldn't consider it the biggest issue the phone has, but YMMV.

I would suggest practicing turning it on/off while holding it in a manor that doesn't actuate the vol buttons. Repetition builds muscle memory and soon you won't be pressing the vol buttons much at all.

-Suntan

Some of you people, I swear. He's talking about a phone, he's not insulting your children.

Here's a guy who has a gripe, confirms that it's shared by multiple people, finds a solution and shares it freely. This is the behavior we want on a forum. If you don't have this problem, move along.

I can imagine someone publishing a cure for lung cancer and some of you saying "You knew smoking was bad for you, so just deal with it."
    Longtime Palm and webOS user. Still bummed. But Android is pretty nice.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Never had this problem either but glad you got it worked out

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    Some of you people, I swear. He's talking about a phone, he's not insulting your children.

Here's a guy who has a gripe, confirms that it's shared by multiple people, finds a solution and shares it freely. This is the behavior we want on a forum. If you don't have this problem, move along.

I can imagine someone publishing a cure for lung cancer and some of you saying "You knew smoking was bad for you, so just deal with it."
    Yep. I'd be the first to say it too. It's a forum for us to speak freely. We're happy for his solution and I'm sure it may help a few people if this problem is really a big one for them. Just some of us have a different view on it. And to the OP, if my post was said in a way that might make you think twice about posting again... I apologize. That wasn't my intention. Peace to all and nothing but the best for the New Year

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post

I agree 100%

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Guess I just learned how to not push them together.