Work around for my biggest S3 gripe

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
As a number of people have noted in this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...e-thing-you-dislike-about-your-galaxy-s3.html

It's way too easy to accidentally change the volume when hitting the power button. The application RingGuard will prevent inadvertent volume changes by requiring you to confirm any change, and reverting to the previously set volume if you choose "No" or don't confirm at all. You can set the wait time between 5 seconds and 60 seconds. (I have it set to 5.) Having to confirm a desired volume change is, for me at least, much less of a pain than constantly having to reset the volume because I hit the volume keys while intending to hit only the power button.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.x475aws.android.ringguard&token=RkDtjjbI

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I posted in the other thread and this was probably my only gripe but having to confirm a volume change seems a bit much. Just in my opinion though. I'd rather just try and work around it

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Way too easy? Can't say I've had this problem now or ever.

Then you won't be interested in the app. But because the volume and power buttons are directly opposite each other, I tend to have my fingers and thumb opposite each other when operating the power button. And I'm not alone.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Then you won't be interested in the app. But because the volume and power buttons are directly opposite each other, I tend to have my fingers and thumb opposite each other when operating the power button. And I'm not alone.

It's just something you will get used to...

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Guess I just learned how to not push them together. :)

My biggest gripe with the SGS3 is the BT Headset/Jellybean debacle.. Please fix that and I'll pay for that fix!

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
So i guess i can assume you're not using a case
even with my thin case, its harder to press the volume and power buttons...

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd have to say that after the first weekend of using the phone, I may accidentally press the volume button once a month at most when turning the phone off (I almost never use the power button to turn it on.)

Even when it does get pressed, it only bumps it up or down one notch. I know it can be annoying from an anal-retentive point of view, but I don't find it too problematic. I certainly wouldn't consider it the biggest issue the phone has, but YMMV.

I would suggest practicing turning it on/off while holding it in a manor that doesn't actuate the vol buttons. Repetition builds muscle memory and soon you won't be pressing the vol buttons much at all.

-Suntan

monkeydog

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Some of you people, I swear. He's talking about a phone, he's not insulting your children.

Here's a guy who has a gripe, confirms that it's shared by multiple people, finds a solution and shares it freely. This is the behavior we want on a forum. If you don't have this problem, move along.

I can imagine someone publishing a cure for lung cancer and some of you saying "You knew smoking was bad for you, so just deal with it."

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Some of you people, I swear. He's talking about a phone, he's not insulting your children.

Here's a guy who has a gripe, confirms that it's shared by multiple people, finds a solution and shares it freely. This is the behavior we want on a forum. If you don't have this problem, move along.

I can imagine someone publishing a cure for lung cancer and some of you saying "You knew smoking was bad for you, so just deal with it."

Yep. I'd be the first to say it too. It's a forum for us to speak freely. We're happy for his solution and I'm sure it may help a few people if this problem is really a big one for them. Just some of us have a different view on it. And to the OP, if my post was said in a way that might make you think twice about posting again... I apologize. That wasn't my intention. Peace to all and nothing but the best for the New Year

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I agree 100%

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc