Toolbox apps

mikoal

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
So , when asked what are some useful apps for android often times a lot of the answers that would come back are fairly similar, because the apps have been proven useful. I?ve been looking at many useful apps and below is a small list of what I?ve tried.
- Adaway
- SetCPU
- Terminal Emulator
- Mobile odin
- Twrp (I know not an app)
- TiBu
- SD Maid
- RAM Manager

I haven?t been using SD maid and RAM manager long, not sure if its really that great.

Then I started to run into these ?combo? apps.
- Andromizer Pro
o App delete restore: similar to TiBu
o CPU setting: SetCPU
o RAM Setting: RAM Manager
o 3G/4G network optimizer: Similar to 3g/4g optimizer app I?ve seen
o Wifi scan interval setting
o LCD density setting
o IMEI backup: I don?t know if this works
o Etc.
- Rom Toolbox Pro
o Rom managent: Similar to Rom manager, mobile odin, twrp/cwm for the rom?
o App manager: Similar to TiBu
o Root explorer: Similar to RE
o Scripter/TE: Similar to Terminal Emulator
o Ad blocker: similar to adaway
o SetCPU: similar to setCPU
o Etc.
- System Tuner Pro
o Backup/restore app similar to TiBu
o TE: similar to Terminal Emulator
o CPU manager: similar to SetCPU
o CPU memory control similar to RAM manager?
o Etc.

So here are my questions:
1) Are these combo apps recommended?
2) How come I rarely hear about these apps, but instead the individual apps listed in the beginning of this post are mentioned? Are these not as great?
3) These combo apps seems like a great deal, they seem to include all the individual app?s feature. So are they useful? Reliable? Should I buy these combo apps instead of the single apps?
4) Even in these combo apps there are overlaps, is one more reliable/stable than the other? Preferred over another?

Being still a noob, some individual android tweaking apps are overwhelming let alone these combo apps.
These combo apps almost seem too good to be true. I know that I tried to change my boot animation with Rom toolbox pro but didn?t work. I?m not sure if andromizer?s IMEI backup works.

Thanks!

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Interesting post, mikoal. :) I hope you get some responses from GS3 user/members in-the-know.
I'd be interested to read replies and feedback on your op topic.

Have you thoroughly read all the pertinent google play reviews, and viewed any related youtube vids? What are the reviews saying?

mikoal

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yea i've seen some review, and most of them praise these all in one apps. But then again, most of the apps i look at are rated 4 and/or above.
I kind of hoped for a universal agreement that its good or bad. Sort of how most poeple agree that TiBu is good.
But I'm starting to find out from other forums and posts that these all in one apps are more similar to asking if Juice Defender is good, there are people who swear by it, and those who hate it and say its a waste and costs more energy than not having any battery saving apps.

I think at the end of the we just have to try it out and form our own opinion on it.
Though knowing some glitches, bugs, etc would be helpful

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I kinda thought that might end-up being the case, depending on whom was giving an opinion. ;)

I probably didn't give Juice Defender enough of a trial run before dumping it in the trash bin. But after installing it... within about 2~3 hours, it was turning-on my mobile data?after I had set JD to NOT TURN ON mobile data, or anything else?without first checking with me for confirmation. :rolleyes: So JD hit the trash bin faster than any app I've down-loaded, actually.

mikoal

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Ya i threw it in the bin too, then i started reading more and decided to give it one chance.
i thoroghly went through the settings and charged it full and unplugged it and am testing it now with regular use.
the only benefit i see if when the phone is idle, where my data shuts off (which some people like and dont like (gmail))
ive had my phone last for 18hours on regular charge and regular (medium use) a bit of games, browsing, text and calls
so far my phone is on 13hours and its 50%......but its kind of an unfair comparison since i started to count the time when i was sleeping and not using the phone. a more realistic amount is 9 hours 50%, which is on trackof what i previously had.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol is there similar post in Phandroid OP? ;)

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
What does JD do that we cant do manualy with common sense other than waste resources?

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

mikoal

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
good catch funky! lol
things such as turning off data during scrren off/lock would be annoying.
Auto scheduling it for turning off data during set times (tasker can probably do this).