Galaxy S3 problems

Liane63

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have had my phone for a while and had it just the way I like it. Late Dec, an upgrade came through and upgraded my phone to 4.1.1 baseband I9300XXDLID. Since then, the battery life sux. I have looked to see what is sucking it up but cant work it out. Also, how the heck do I turn of notifications? The widget thingy has disappeared from the notifications bar and also in settings.

Help...please!!!!

Thanks
Liane

robersk

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has been horrible as well, I only got my handset a few months ago but have found the battery life to be really bad as well. I find turning off WiFi and GPS when not using them as well as turning off mobile data when I'm not using the device helps a lot. Not sure about the notifications.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
So annoying they took notification toggle away! .......like WHY?

If the battery life is SERIOUSLY worse since JB then factory reset

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow how DO u turn of not's now?
Just had quick scan through settings and ?

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Wow how DO u turn of not's now?
Just had quick scan through settings and ?

A couple of ways. In Settings / Application Manager, in each app page there's a checkbox for notifications. (at least in 4.1.1).

Or, when you have a notification in the pulldown, long tap. That'll display an "App info" button. Tapping that button will take you to the same screen as above.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi

I have had my phone for a while and had it just the way I like it. Late Dec, an upgrade came through and upgraded my phone to 4.1.1 baseband I9300XXDLID. Since then, the battery life sux. I have looked to see what is sucking it up but cant work it out.

Liane

Many who had battery issues after the update have found a hard reset solve the problem. Yeah, that sucks.

If that doesn't do it, try the app System Panel. It has a monitoring mode that will log what applications are doing in the background, which may help you discover what's eating your battery.

What carrier are you on, and do you have where you are? There have been reports of phones killing batteries while searching for LTE in areas where it doesn't exist. Look here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ttery-drain-6-per-hour-should-1-per-hour.html

and here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...e-random-heavy-battery-drain-aka-plummet.html

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
"media" was sucking up all my battery life so i did a factory reset like everyone said I should do and disabled all antivirus apps and keyboards so I did. After restoring all my data and my apps my battery life went back to normal with my normal usage. However some of my music files were no longer working through my "player pro" app so maybe the update caused that but I'm not sure. I deleted all my music files and reloaded them and now they seem to be working fine. someone also mentioned that there may be corrupted files on your phone or SD card and can cause "media" to eat up your battery juice. So if "media" is draining all of your battery life, try removing your media files and putting them back on the SD card or internal storage and see what happens. "Android system" seems to be the only thing using a decent amount of battery life on my phone now but it's normal and my phone is running fine. Good Luck and long press the power button and there is an option to turn off notifications or put the phone on vibrate since there's no toggle in the pull down

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
What carrier are you on, and do you have where you are? There have been reports of phones killing batteries while searching for LTE in areas where it doesn't exist. Look here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ttery-drain-6-per-hour-should-1-per-hour.html

and here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...e-random-heavy-battery-drain-aka-plummet.html

The problem is not that it is looking for LTE where there is none. It's a problem with LTE being present and the phone can't resolve which network to use. For me, it happens periodically when I'm in an LTE area but have wifi turned on & connected. The phone should disable mobile data at that point, but it looks like it tries to use it anyway and freaks out, causing the battery to spin out of control. It has never once happened to me when outside of an LTE area. It's very irritating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair