DELETED PHOTOS FROM INTERNAL sdCARD0

Etienne Vorster

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I accidentally deleted the whole album with all new years photos instead of just one photo I did not want. I Googled and have several software downloaded to recover deleted files from external SdCards but as I do not have an external card, all photos were saved to the internal SdCard. Does anyone know how to make this internal SdCard available as "storage space" when the handset is connected to a computer or perhaps cab assist with any other means of retrieving the deleted photos (at least some of them)?

Thanks in advance

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you connect your phone to a PC via USB it should establish an MTP connection and allow you to see the internal storage (/mnt/sdcard0). You MAY be able to use a regular undelete utility to recover your files; I haven't done that myself so I can't say with any certainty that it'll work. But just in case, you should avoid saving anything to the folder that contained your pictures if at all possible.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I still think its amazing deleted stuff can be restored.
I dont see how it couldnt be recovered from int' sd unless youve covered up the space with media or somethin.
Good luck man :thumbup:

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
For the future, install Dumpster. It works like recycle bin on the PC.

--Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.

Lutzer

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same problem, every recovery tool I've tried doesn't recognize my phone as a camera or a storage device so it won't even search it for files to recover. I'm running Jelly Bean on a Rooted Razr HD. I've tried a few apps but none of them have found any files to recover. Please update if you figure something out. Thanks!

Lutzer

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I used the app DiskDigger and was able to recover all my photos. No luck on the videos though. Hope it works for ya.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Consider using G+ Instant upload, dropbox, or something similar. Great to have a spaer copy online in case of the handset dying or deletion.