Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Sincs's Avatar

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Delete SMS background image/wallpaper

    Anyone know how to delete an image that you have added as the background for the stock sms app?

    I went into 'sms - settings - background style' and added a photo as the background. Then I decided I didn't want it as a background so changed it to one of the stock ones. However, the photo that I added is still in the list of backgrounds I can choose and I can't see a way to delete it.

    Any ideas??
  2. #2  
    GSDer's Avatar

    Posts
    6,999 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Delete SMS background image/wallpaper

    Offhand I'm guessing that the easiest way would be to delete the actual photo/image from your phone. You may be able to fool it by simply using a File Manager to rename the picture; or you could move it to a different directory and once it disappears from the list you could move it back.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Sincs's Avatar

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Delete SMS background image/wallpaper

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Offhand I'm guessing that the easiest way would be to delete the actual photo/image from your phone. You may be able to fool it by simply using a File Manager to rename the picture; or you could move it to a different directory and once it disappears from the list you could move it back.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    I already tried this but the problem is that when selecting a photo for use as a background in sms it asks you to crop it and then it creates a new image specifically for the background. I've looked for this new image but can't find it anywhere.
  4. #4  
    mk3killer's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Delete SMS background image/wallpaper

    all right here is how you delete it. go to settings> application manager> you will see 3 tabs "downloaded, running, and all" go to all> go to messaging> then clear data> then force stop

    problem solve!

    PS: i have samsung galaxy note 2 jelly bean 4.1.1
  5. #5  
    Mark Love's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Delete SMS background image/wallpaper

    There's a really easy was to do this. Pick a different picture. It overwrites the cropped file.
    p.s. don't put porn on there and you won't be so worried about deleting it. ;-)

    - - - Updated - - -

    See below for low tech solution.
  6. #6  
    Kotler's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Delete SMS background image/wallpaper

    Quote Originally Posted by mk3killer View Post
    all right here is how you delete it. go to settings> application manager> you will see 3 tabs "downloaded, running, and all" go to all> go to messaging> then clear data> then force stop

    problem solve!

    PS: i have samsung galaxy note 2 jelly bean 4.1.1
    Thank you very much, this worked.
    But it also cleared some of my setting too.....Not a big deal
  7. #7  
    Ginzo1210's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Delete SMS background image/wallpaper

    Worked like a charm on a S7!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kotler View Post
    Thank you very much, this worked.
    But it also cleared some of my setting too.....Not a big deal

Similar Threads

  1. Can't delete an app from my wifes Hero
    By Daveydave#CB in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 12:13 AM
  2. My wallpaper and app background
    By Bla1ze in forum AT&T Galaxy Note
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2012, 07:02 AM
  3. Background image of Nexus S live wallpaper
    By zakd in forum Wallpapers, Ringtones, and Themes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 12:39 AM
  4. Ignore call with SMS app?
    By pizzachef in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 03:58 PM
  5. cant delete sms always come up error
    By kinglemon15 in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 11:49 PM

Posting Permissions

";