stolen phone

carney40

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
my daughter had her samsung galaxy s3 stolen from home we had just got it so did not download any thing is there a way of still tracking it .

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
my daughter had her samsung galaxy s3 stolen from home we had just got it so did not download any thing is there a way of still tracking it .

Agreed with EvilMonkey if you set it up and tied a google account to it PlanB is a life saver. I am curious though? "Stolen from home", As in someone broke into your home and stole the phone or someone you let in walked off with it?

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Or... (devil's advocate here) The OP "found" a S3 and wants to know if anyone can track them. Now they know one thing to watch for. I am in no way judging the guilt or innocence of said poster, I've just seen it before, especially first posters asking deep security related questions.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Or... (devil's advocate here) The OP "found" a S3 and wants to know if anyone can track them. Now they know one thing to watch for. I am in no way judging the guilt or innocence of said poster, I've just seen it before, especially first posters asking deep security related questions.

Wow never thought of it that way, and considering said posted hasn't returned to comment.....
Hmmm I hope that isn't the case, that's for sure.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Wow never thought of it that way, and considering said posted hasn't returned to comment.....
Hmmm I hope that isn't the case, that's for sure.

I sure hope not... And Trucky its all good. There always can be another light to a story so good thinking.

I am hoping they didn't take someone's s3 and came here for advice to cover their tracks. If so I hope the owner has already alerted the police to them :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I sure hope not... And Trucky its all good. There always can be another light to a story so good thinking.

I am hoping they didn't take someone's s3 and came here for advice to cover their tracks. If so I hope the owner has already alerted the police to them :).

What concerns me now that this is all mentioned, is that the user that originally posted the question has been online since and not commented on anyone's suggestions or defended themselves. Maybe just jumping to conclusions but the more you look the more it makes sense. 1 post, no reply, hmm

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What concerns me now that this is all mentioned, is that the user that originally posted the question has been online since and not commented on anyone's suggestions or defended themselves. Maybe just jumping to conclusions but the more you look the more it makes sense. 1 post, no reply, hmm

Yeah. Maybe we should have a mod delete this post? I don't want us to be feeding a thief but usually people come back and will answer some questions or at least an acknowledgement.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
This knowledge is already out there. It would only take a 6th grade education to find it... unless you went to school in Chicago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781