Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy cant hear voice when people call me

I have problem. I just used android samsung galaxy s3 but when people call me i cant hear their voice and they also cant hear my voice.please help me

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts

Default Re: cant hear voice when people call me

Are you using a headset or bluetooth accessory? Or are you speaking directly into the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyna Olive View Post
    I have problem. I just used android samsung galaxy s3 but when people call me i cant hear their voice and they also cant hear my voice.please help me
    This happens to me all the time. Usually when it haven't been on a call. If you call them right back it will work (or they call you).

I have no idea how to fix it.. Wish I did :o

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

im speaking directly into phone,but i cant hear the caller voice even my voice also their cant hear.if use loud speaker also cant hear the voice..please help me

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts

That's weird... have you brought it back to the store for them to try?

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    This happens to me all the time. Usually when it haven't been on a call. If you call them right back it will work (or they call you).

I have no idea how to fix it.. Wish I did :o

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyna Olive View Post
    im speaking directly into phone,but i cant hear the caller voice even my voice also their cant hear.if use loud speaker also cant hear the voice..please help me
    Yep, it happens to me as well!! Very frequently and VERY annoying! I don't hear them but they hear me fine. I usually just tell them, "I can't hear you...I'll call you right back". I'm willing to bet that this is a Sprint problem and not a device problem! I say this because if it was a device problem, it would be more wide spread and common among all carriers. Tyna, do you have Sprint?? And yes, I'm on Sprint!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by crester View Post
    That's weird... have you brought it back to the store for them to try?
    Its suddenly happend..i didnt bring it yet to the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by crester View Post
    Are you using a headset or bluetooth accessory? Or are you speaking directly into the phone?
    same hear i cant hear them but they can hear me , tried factory reset and every thing works fine , but after a few days same occurs , have done it 6 to 7 times and fed up of doing factory rest again and again , is their a way out
    plz help !!!!

I assume you've tried pushing the volume up button while on a call. Are you using any alternate phone apps or dialers? Or have you installed any audio programs (audio profiles, equalizers, etc.)? Any profile programs (like Llama, or Tasker) that can control volume?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Are you on Wi-Fi calling with T-Mobile. It happens quite often with T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

This has been happening to me as well. Seems to happen about 10% of the time and only on incoming calls. I take all my calls on bluetooth, not talking directly into the phone.

Also, in a couple of cases, after hearing nothing, I've called the person back & asked them about what happened. They said "the phone never even rang, all I heard was dead silence"...which is exactly what I heard as well when I answer the phone (dead silence).

If I call the person back...or if the person calls me back...the call seems to go through just fine.