Help with weather widget

PasswordsSuck

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from iPhone to a new Samsung Galaxy SIII. Very frustrated, but working through some of my issues with this new platform. One of the most frustrating problems I can't figure out is this: I bought this phone from ATT but NOT in the town I live in. So, this weather widget that comes pre-loaded (which I like, BTW) defaults to a town which I only visit several times a year. How can I get it to default to where I live????

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just switched from iPhone to a new Samsung Galaxy SIII. Very frustrated, but working through some of my issues with this new platform. One of the most frustrating problems I can't figure out is this: I bought this phone from ATT but NOT in the town I live in. So, this weather widget that comes pre-loaded (which I like, BTW) defaults to a town which I only visit several times a year. How can I get it to default to where I live????

I don't have that widget since JB update.. Not sure why.

But I'd try actually clicking the widget (like your going to open an app) and look around in there. Since you're coming from iPhone the best thing I can teach you is always look in settings. Unlike iPhones each Android app and widget can have their own settings which are set within the app.. Whereas iPhone they consolidate it all under "settings".

So open the widget and hit your menu button (bottom left of phone) and see what options there are.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If there aren't any settings for the widget in the app itself, try deleting the widget from the screen, and then re-adding it. Most widgets bring up a configuration menu when first installed.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
One of the stock weather widgets had a setting for My Location and then any town you added. By default I think mine was set to the town. I changed it to My Location and it "followed" me thereafter.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You can enable your location in the phone's settings and then tap on the widget and it should show you the weather for wherever you are. You can also add a location by pressing the menu button inside the weather widget and going in the settings and putting in your zip code for wherever you want your default location to be. You should be good after that

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463