badge numbers

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
hey guys me again. having come from the iphone im still finding things out about the s3. Is there an app i can use to get a badge number on the go sms icon which is sat in my dock? :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow youve had a lot of views n no response bro.
What do u mean by badge?

What launcher do u use?

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Think i know what you mean.
The best way i know is to use Nova Launcher (basicly a more functional homescreen, you can import your present homescreen so no pain lol) but just do more.
Then download the add-on at top of this page uploadfromtaptalk1357704871833.jpg

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
hi thanks for your reply, your spot on thats what i had already set up. dont get a missed text count for go sms. unless theres a preset somewhere in there settings for it ?

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
the little circle with the number in it for the amount of whatever you have for said app. like if i had 2 unread texts id have a 2 next to the messaging app

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
no setting that im aware of mate. it worked on Go Sms from day one of getting nova :confused:

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
You need Nova Launcher Prime and Tesla Unread for this to work with goSMS. The Nova Launcher Free version doesn't work to display the unread count. Now if only we could get them to show up on the lock screen... I think this will become available in 4.1.2.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I am still pissed that I need a launcher to show an indicator on the icon for GMAIL that I have even new mail never mind how many.

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Ive got it to show on the lock screen using a combo of missed it an widget locker. Get the missed count for whats apo go sms on lock screen.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I am still pissed that I need a launcher to show an indicator on the icon for GMAIL that I have even new mail never mind how many.
Send an email to Google. I'm sure they'll fix it for you...Spending $3.99 for additional functionality is certainly asking too much from anyone. By the way I've been using Nova Launcher almost since the day I got my S3 and I will never go back to the Touchwiz Launcher.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
You get an indicator in the notification bar. Do you really need two?

I prefer having an indicator on my icon, personal preference. I like to be able to pick up my phone after I have walked away and just look at the screen without having to swipe down my indicator bar to see I have new messages.

Send an email to Google. I'm sure they'll fix it for you...Spending $3.99 for additional functionality is certainly asking too much from anyone. By the way I've been using Nova Launcher almost since the day I got my S3 and I will never go back to the Touchwiz Launcher.

No need for the ignorant sarcasm, if you don't have something intelligent so say, maybe you shouldn't say anything at all. I don't believe I once mentioned that paying for an app was an issue at ANY point in my post, did I? There are plenty of free launchers out there, INCLUDING Nova... I personally don't want to install a launcher for ONE feature I don't have and want. It's that simple.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I prefer having an indicator on my icon, personal preference. I like to be able to pick up my phone after I have walked away and just look at the screen without having to swipe down my indicator bar to see I have new messages.

I don't need to swipe down the indicator bar. I have an icon sitting in the notification bar right now telling me i have new mail. Not how many, it's true, but I can see I have at least one without doing anything but turning on the screen.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't need to swipe down the indicator bar. I have an icon sitting in the notification bar right now telling me i have new mail. Not how many, it's true, but I can see I have at least one without doing anything but turning on the screen.

I know what you mean, but I am used to and prefer an indicator on the icon itself.
Just personal preference.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

No need for the ignorant sarcasm, if you don't have something intelligent so say, maybe you shouldn't say anything at all. I don't believe I once mentioned that paying for an app was an issue at ANY point in my post, did I? There are plenty of free launchers out there, INCLUDING Nova... I personally don't want to install a launcher for ONE feature I don't have and want. It's that simple.

You are correct. I was out of line. I've been home with the flu all day and your post gave me a target. My apologies.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You need Nova Launcher Prime and Tesla Unread for this to work with goSMS. The Nova Launcher Free version doesn't work to display the unread count. Now if only we could get them to show up on the lock screen... I think this will become available in 4.1.2.

i didnt realise u needed prime mate. soz op

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

its in your status bar mate!
EDIT sorry hadnt read rest of post.
nova and the telsa thing work for me even though i have gmail as a secondary gesture app on my sms app in the dock...

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
i didnt realise u needed prime mate. soz op

I just wish it was as simple as SMS, showing an indicator... From what I am told, google used to have an indicator, but it was removed a few updates ago.
I am sure it has something to do with the blood thirsty people of Apple owning the patent on INDICATORS, but either way. Still sucks. when you are used to
it and like it that way, but I will just have to get used to the status bar I guess, as I am not going to install a launcher for just one feature.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7