Is anyone here familiar with the app Tasker?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to use this app? I just downloaded it and I like it so far and have a few profiles set up, but I'm trying to make a new one and don't understand how to create it

I'm trying to make a profile that basically says, 'when my screen is off and 15 minutes pass without it being turned on, turn wifi off '

Does anyone know how I might be able to make a profile like this please? Thanks in advance
Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom 4.1.2, seeder and ktweaker kernel

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I gave up with it bro lol.
Got no patience :)
Good luck :beer:

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I gave up with it bro lol.
Got no patience :)
Good luck :beer:

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

Lmao, I just got it, like it a lot, just gotta figure out how to do certain complicated rules

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because there is no PacMan rom for the nexus :(

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
This is a 3 part tutorial. When I was interested in Tasker I viewed all 3.
:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEhnOJl5mTo

Nice one ricky.
Would u say tasker would help me with app development in the future?
Im goin a big holiday soon n gona get some books on coding.
I get SO many app ideas that i share with devs when i should be doin it myself....

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Nice one ricky.
Would u say tasker would help me with app development in the future?
Im goin a big holiday soon n gona get some books on coding.
I get SO many app ideas that i share with devs when i should be doin it myself....
I was going to do that......................way back when. I just do not have the time! Anyhow take a look at this link, it will keep you busy for awhile.
Building your first app

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I was going to do that......................way back when. I just do not have the time! Anyhow take a look at this link, it will keep you busy for awhile.
Building your first app

Thanks bud.
My problem is im gona have no phone or internet acces, just paper books.
Cheers4the link brer :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Thats one of the options bro.
Hopfuly not Bar L, would like something with a toilet n en-suite shower lol ;)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Of you only need basic use of tasker for profiles, brightness, wifi, settings, and location then screw tasker. Too complicated. Check out Llama Profiles. Way easier, more holo ui, just as efficient

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Of you only need basic use of tasker for profiles, brightness, wifi, settings, and location then screw tasker. Too complicated. Check out Llama Profiles. Way easier, more holo ui, just as efficient

I'm using automate it pro for simple tasks and Tasker for my more complicated needs

Sent from my Game Boy Advance....

Nah I'm just kidding, Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom 4.1.2, seeder and ktweaker kernel

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
So whats these needs man?;)
What u makin it do bro?

justpastfinish

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Off the top of my head without getting into the app ;

Create profile > screen off
Then create the tasks
I'd start with: wait = 15 min
2nd task: wifi=off

Then click the green check to apply.

Then off you want long press on the right side of the screen under where the new tasks were created while the profile is highlighted and add exit task: wifi=on

Reply if you need help and I can go into more depth

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Annyone got an "ifttt" recepe that texts you with a link when u get mentioned on here?
I had one on a dif forum and VIBER defo do coz they appear when someone uses the word VIBER lmao.
Gona put it in my sig' :)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I looked at Tasker, and decided it was way more complex than what I needed. I ended up with Settings Profile, and it does everything I need. You can set profiles based on:

locations (lat/lon, cell tower and WiFi access point)
Connections (WiFi, BT)
Battery Status
Call Status
Calendar events
Docking State
Missed call
and more, with plug-ins.

Thanks bud.
My problem is im gona have no phone or internet acces, just paper books.

Print the pages and take them with you?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Off the top of my head without getting into the app ;

Create profile > screen off
Then create the tasks
I'd start with: wait = 15 min
2nd task: wifi=off

Then click the green check to apply.

Then off you want long press on the right side of the screen under where the new tasks were created while the profile is highlighted and add exit task: wifi=on

Reply if you need help and I can go into more depth

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, but how do I find wait?

Sent from my Game Boy Advance....

Nah I'm just kidding, Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom 4.1.2, seeder and ktweaker kernel

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech