Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By junglejunkie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default clockworkmod

What is the easiest way to go back to stock. I installed a clockworkmod on the phone and I continue to get swiftkey erased as my keyboard and my apn. I actually don't know what it's from but that is the only thing I have done with the phone to try and modify it.

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

Default Re: clockworkmod

You can freeze the samsung keyboard with titanium backup (free), that will prevent you from losing swift key as your default keyboard. As far as the apn, I don't have an answer for you. You can Odin stock recovery back to get rid of cwm recovery.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

yeah just flashing the official firmware using odin takes you back to where you started mate.
    you shouldnt even lose any data if its just rooted

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    yeah just flashing the official firmware using odin takes you back to where you started mate.
    you shouldnt even lose any data if its just rooted

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    An Odin flash will wipe everything off the internal storage.

If you're trying to factory restore with CWM and it's already flashed to your device just hold vol down, power, and home while booting, then wipe you data, cache, and dalvik cache (in advanced).

If you don't have CWM installed then just straight up buy ROM Manager and use that to flash/boot into recovery. You'll thank me later.

Galaxy S3 - Thanks Appreciated!
    My Podcast-http://bit.ly/WWSXbz
    My Blog-http://bit.ly/SrqMNr

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Polen View Post
    What is the easiest way to go back to stock. I installed a clockworkmod on the phone and I continue to get swiftkey erased as my keyboard and my apn. I actually don't know what it's from but that is the only thing I have done with the phone to try and modify it.
    The real answer is that the best way to get back to stock may depend on what carrier version of the phone you have. Please ask in the rooting section of the subforum for YOUR carrier. Following advice from someone who has a different version of the phone could be very dangerous..
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    Thanked by:

Delete
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clockworkmod-uploadfromtaptalk1357870471710.jpg  

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post
    An Odin flash will wipe everything off the internal storage.

If you're trying to factory restore with CWM and it's already flashed to your device just hold vol down, power, and home while booting, then wipe you data, cache, and dalvik cache (in advanced).

If you don't have CWM installed then just straight up buy ROM Manager and use that to flash/boot into recovery. You'll thank me later.

Galaxy S3 - Thanks Appreciated!
    My Podcast-http://bit.ly/WWSXbz
    My Blog-http://bit.ly/SrqMNr
    ive done it twice bro with official firmware n lost nothing....... :beer:

EDIT. i was flashing over the same firmware though.. all i had was a custm kernel n CWM n it got rid of them.

so rom manager works for s3??
    i bought it ages ago but heard rumours n havent tried it on my s3

GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    2,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Just saying. Twrp > cwm lol

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    Just saying. Twrp > cwm lol
    we know smartyballs lol.
    any1 read or seen Mysery by stephen king?..... im tryin to think of what she would say lol.............

GT-I9300, UK