Exchange Services chewing up Battery - Seriously?

pnd4pnd

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Just got my S3 yesterday and pretty much in shock this bug is out there. I've searched high and low and can't find a solution to this. How can samsung put out a phone where Exchange email doesn't work (well works but kills the battery) ? I otherwise love the phone, but this is a dealbreaker for me. Here is more detail: Issue 31246 - android - 'com.android.email' Alarm count high connecting to Exchange Server (shows as 'AndroidOS' in Battery Stats) - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Does CM10 fix this issue? Any pointers to fixes or workarounds would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Weird...never heard of this issue. My battery lasts for 15-20 hours (on normal usage). If I'm reading that right, it shouldn't be since I have Exchange setup. Will have to look at it.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I sometimes get as many as 150 exchange emails in a day, and have no battery issues. On a "light day," maybe 50 emails, I can easily go 12 - 15 hours on a charge. On a heavy day, I'll probably give the phone 30-60 minutes on the charger sometime during the day. Those emails are in addition to other, normal use of the phone, including gmail, some web browsing, a few calls, and maybe some Words with Friends.

I've got dozens of calendar events each week, with alarms, too, and about 400 contacts stored in exchange (in addition to the corporate GAL)

Perhaps this is not an issue with JB?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
It's a legit bug the OP is seeing, but it also depends on the configuration of the Exchange server.

The good news is that Google has fixed it, CM has fixed it, so Samsung should get it fixed in 2015 or so :p

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
CM9 was the current version when the issue was reported. CM10 and 10.1 are built off of the patches for 9 and will include the fix.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae