Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3: Can't pull down my notification bar anymore

I can no longer drag down my notification bar, any idea how this happened and how u could get it working again?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-27-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Global Posts
    3,599 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: can't pull down my notification bar anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola Griffiths View Post
    I can no longer drag down my notification bar, any idea how this happened and how u could get it working again?
    Try rebooting your phone, or if all else fails...the dreaded "battery pull".
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

I haven't heard of that happening. But a battery pull (and waiting at least two minutes before reinserting the battery) seems to regularly fix lots of weird glitches and stuff.

I guess I always suppose that people, having a hardware or software issue, would automatically reboot their phone.

Global Posts
    3,599 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by winmod21 View Post
    I haven't heard of that happening. But a battery pull (and waiting at least two minutes before reinserting the battery) seems to regularly fix lots of weird glitches and stuff.

I guess I always suppose that people, having a hardware or software issue, would automatically reboot their phone.
    HaHa. If you've ever owned a BB, you know all about battery pulls. They even had an app for that. Pretty lame.LOL
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
    Thanked by:
    funkylogik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Try rebooting your phone, or if all else fails...the dreaded "battery pull".
    I'd bet a reboot will fix.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    HaHa. If you've ever owned a BB, you know all about battery pulls. They even had an app for that. Pretty lame.LOL
    theres an app?? lmao just told my fiance

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
    grunt0300 likes this.

I am experiencing this problem too but it is inconviniant to be rebooting your phone all the time

Nathan,
    It certainly is inconvenient, along with usually being unnecessary. If your phone is constantly having this problem then more likely than not you've installed something that's causing the problem.
    You can either look for other apps that modify notifications, or the Status bar or something similar, and start uninstalling until you come across the right one, or you can perform a Factory Reset and clear everything out. If you decide on the latter, be sure to backup all of your important data first. And install your apps again in small increments so that you can keep track of when the weird behavior occurs again.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Angry Re: can't pull down my notification bar anymore

this happened after i installed instagram!!!!! so yea rebooting did the trick...does this mean i have to uninstall instagram...n then reinstall it wen i wanna use it... cuz thats dumb

I looked through the Google Play Store reviews on Instagram (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tagram.android) and didn't see any recent comments that made note of this issue. But if you have this problem immediately after running the app, and only a reboot solves it, then you should probably email the Instagram team and report your problem.
    It may be that Instagram doesn't play well with some other app that you have installed - you could look at other apps that also utilize Notifications and temporarily uninstall them one-by-one to see if you can find the culprit.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

My Droid 3 would not drop down I got a launcher and it works now.

Talking Re: can't pull down my notification bar anymore

I had this same problem and took some advice I saw here. It turns out that the "Mobile Metronome" app had jacked up my ability to drag that status bar down. After uninstalling it, the status bar worked again as advertised. :-) Thanks for the tip on uninstalling new apps to find the one responsible!

I have the same dang problem and thought it was the cheap plastic covering on the phone. But after reading and tearing my phone apart, I've come to the conclusion that it is an app. I did try to do a reset by using the menu option "Restore factory Defaults" and it didn't fix it. If a hard reset is different, let me know for my HTC Evo 4G on Virgin Mobile. This is ridiculous. Imagine how many people struggle with it and possibly damaged their phones thinking the phone is at fault!!!! When i did the restore factory defaults options, it added all apps back afterwards through Google play. I have too many important apps and several leave the files behind!! Too bad I have to go through each one and uninstall one by one. When I find the culprit, I will be dang sure to post a review on Google Play so nobody else gets hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by salmmus View Post
    I have too many important apps
    Candy Crush?

There's a setting in the Google Play Store that'll stop it from automatically reinstalling your apps after a Factory Reset. I just avoid it by bypassing the Google account setup during the initial setup. Then I come back and manually add my Google account and it doesn't reinstall everything under the sun.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but...

Just got my GS4 and had this problem with in my first 3 days. Did some digging around and found it happens after I get a call. I also found out that to fix it, you simply make a call. A little easier than rebooting, but still annoying...

Hope this helps. But more so, I hope there is a fix to this bug.
    .:HeatherDawn:.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherDawn View Post
    found it happens after I get a call
    This isn't normal behavior - there's something else going on. You can try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 to see if a 3rd party app is causing the problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    This isn't normal behavior - there's something else going on. You can try booting into Safe mode Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy S® III to see if a 3rd party app is causing the problem.
    It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, (note, only once so far) that's when it happened. Fix was to make another call.
    .:HeatherDawn:.

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, (note, only once so far) that's when it happened. Fix was to make another call.
    Have you tried rebooting into recovery and clearing cache?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but...

Just got my GS4 and had this problem with in my first 3 days. Did some digging around and found it happens after I get a call. I also found out that to fix it, you simply make a call. A little easier than rebooting, but still annoying...

Hope this helps. But more so, I hope there is a fix to this bug.
    Yes, it happen to me the same thing can't pulldown. I follow what heather said, make a call to solve the problem, it better than reboot but still not satisfied.

Default can't pull down my notification bar anymore

I tried to switch off my phone completely and restarted it... Great ... the notification panel could be brought down and up.

Unhappy Re: can't pull down my notification bar anymore

PLEASE HELP... I have pulled the battery/ shut it off and on numerous times/deleted all my apps/ did a factory reset 3 times and my notification panel still does not come up. Did not get any apps other then the ones the phones brings when i did the factory reset, i made a call and that did not work. I cleared my cache and still no notificaton panel. This is frustruating.. please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Yessica Guzman1 View Post
    PLEASE HELP... I have pulled the battery/ shut it off and on numerous times/deleted all my apps/ did a factory reset 3 times and my notification panel still does not come up. Did not get any apps other then the ones the phones brings when i did the factory reset, i made a call and that did not work. I cleared my cache and still no notificaton panel. This is frustruating.. please help.

I have also got the same problem. .have tried all suggestions here and Will now resort to sending it in for repair. Unfortunately my S4 got very slightly wet. I put it in a container of rice and while everything on the phone cam back as good as previously. ..The notification bar is still unusable. Very frustrating! If I hear useful advice from Samsung on repair (if repairable) will let you know. While this fault is likely moisture related it may be a general "weakness" in the S4?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast