1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Issue with SMS to correct contact.

Hello everybody,

I have searched across the internet and could not for the life of me find anyone else who seems to have the same issue as I am having at the moment with my Samsung Galaxy S3. Currently I have two numbers in my phone for two different people, the numbers are very similar, in fact they are the exact same except for one digit. Whenever I send or receive a message from person A it creates the conversation with that person in my phone, that is fine however an issue rises when person B sends me a message. Their message is placed inside the conversation thread I have with person A therefore making me believe the person texting me is in fact person A. When I reply to the message it in fact replies to person A and person B never gets the reply. I have fond that if I delete the conversation and choose to message person B then they receive the message just fine however if person A was to send a message the same thing happens. Luckily person B leaves a signature after every message so I know it from them and I can then exit out of the conversation, choose to manually send a message to person B to reply and the strangest thing happens, the conversation name changes from person A to person B.

From what I have gathered after my extensive search on the internet is the S III is apparently lazy, instead of registering all of the digits in the contact's number, it basically reads the last six or so digits and goes from there. Is there any truth to this theory and if so is there a way to fix this? Otherwise is there perhaps another reason as to why my phone wants to be irritating and generally not perform the basic functions it was designed for?

My sincere appreciation for anyone who can shed some light on this for me.

Simocrates
    (the not so wise at the moment).

Default Re: Issue with SMS to correct contact.

Try removing BOTH contacts from your address book and sending em messages manually typing in the phone numbers? See if it works that way. If it does try readding 1 of the contacts, send through the book and manually to the other, then readd the other contact and try resending to both again. If it works then the contacts in the book were crossed somehow, if not then something else is wrong.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - SGH-I747M
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately entering the contacts again has not changed anything. I even saved one contact and got the other contact to message me so that the numbers would appear differently ie. +61 instead of the 0 at the beginning (Australian zone). The issue still remains though. The company that runs their plans have assured me though that it is not a fault on their end however like all companies regardless of country of origin, if they don't know how to fix a problem they will claim it is not caused on their end.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

man thats a crazy one.
    ive never heard of it.
    have u tried a different sms app?

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK