Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New here with a new phone

Ok so I am coming from the iphone side. I had about 900 songs on my iphone 4 and just came to the s3 but did not get them transferred to my new phone nor do I have them saved on my computer. So I guess my first question is should I go back to the verizon store and ask to transfer my music (i traded the iphone in). But I was thinking about just getting the songs over again but I was curious to what should my computer program I should input my music too? If it makes sense. I am highly technical. Custom built and go to a technology oriented school. I saw power amp. But is power amp as simple as getting songs downloading them and then syncing them to the phone?

Default Re: New here with a new phone

(Google)play music will sync them to your phone.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

so just download it on my computer?
    also i am in the process of getting songs that are on another home computer onto itunes on my computer so my next step is to get them onto the phone

Google Music is a cloud music service like Apple's: http://music.google.com. Basically, you just upload your music (although now it will do a match thing so you don't have to upload it) and then you can stream it back to your phone with the Google Music app. You can specify to keep songs local (so you won't use data to play them). You can keep 20,000 songs on it for free.

If you had music on your iPhone but traded it in and you don't have local copies of it, I don't know what to tell you unless you purchased them from somewhere (like Amazon or iTunes) and can redownload them to your PC from there, then put them on Google Music or your phone.

If you don't like Google Music (honestly, the player could use some work IMO), you can still use iTunes and sync it up to your phone and use whatever player you want. I think most people use DoubleTwist for this, but I'm not sure. I abandoned iTunes a long time ago.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

what do you use power amp?
    ok

I totally know what im doing- just not how.to explain it!

Sent from my LGOG using Tapatalk 2

Also amazon mp3 is another good choice. Free storage and if u purchase tha music from amazon they store it with not impact to ur storage limit same goes for Google play

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Where did you GET those 900 songs in the first place? Without knowing that, I'm not sure we can accurately answer.

If you got them from the Apple store, you should be able to put iTunes on your PC and retrieve them. If you ripped them from CDs, you'll have to do that all over again. If Verizon has a music service, and you purchased them from Verizon, they should be able to tell you how to get them on your new phone. I doubt seriously the Verizon store still has your old phone intact with all the files on it, so transferring them from the old phone to the new one is probably impossible.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

yea they were all leagally purchased from itunes and finally got them back now onto kernals and such! thanks!

Global Posts
    2,123 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Purchased or not they sync to Google Music lol. (come on who hasn't stole music). Once on google music you can download them to your computer then put it on your phone to be able to play it through power amp or any other music app other than google music

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tombs View Post
    yea they were all leagally purchased from itunes and finally got them back now onto kernals and such! thanks!
    Onto kernals? What's that?

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Onto kernals? What's that?

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.
    http://bit.ly/V9l1Jg

Galaxy S3 - Thanks Appreciated!
    My Podcast-http://bit.ly/WWSXbz
    My Blog-http://bit.ly/SrqMNr
    CDH

try app called isync.. Cost think 4-5$ but works great for syncing iTunes.