Snice downloading 4.1.2 my battery is dying :{ ahh

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
hello guys,

Since recently updating to the new 4.1.2 jellybean a few days ago I've noticed a rapid decrease in battery life when waking up from a fully charged Samsung Galaxy S3 in "Power saving mode"..

Usually upon waking in I'm left with around 85% battery life from a fully charged device..

Can anyone suggest a solution, much appreciated!!!

Screenshot_2013_01_15_13_26_10.png

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
There are several threads on this already. They might be in the carrier specific forums, so look there, too.

Basically, though, the fix for all sorts of woes caused by these upgrades seems to be a factory reset.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
11hours on battery is still quite good. I don't see the problem. Though saying that since I updated to 4.1.2 I Have also seen a rapid decrease in battery life. But I just charge up when I need to so its no big deal for me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

spaided

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I too feel the same on tmobile gs3. I don't know how an "update" kills battery life!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I too feel the same on tmobile gs3. I don't know how an "update" kills battery life!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

More features. Phone now has to perform at a higher degree depending on the upgrade....ect. many factors.

Imagine a computer from now running windows 95 lol or vice versa ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Wait, I didn't actually pay attention to the screen shot before. 11 hours with 50% of battery left? That translates to some 20 hours before you'd need to recharge. I think a lot of people would kill for that kind of life. What kind of life were you getting before?

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Sorry for the late response!

Basically before hand my battery life was around 87% upon waking from a fully charged phone.

I did do a factory reset and my issue as been resolved, I'm now getting the same percentage as i did before!

HAPPY DAYS!!!

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
But this was upon waking, my phone was completely inactive and fully charged before i went to bed.

Never the less, my problem has be resolved by doing a factory re-set. :D

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
But this was upon waking, my phone was completely inactive and fully charged before i went to bed.

Never the less, my problem has be resolved by doing a factory re-set.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I am considering a factory reset to see if I can sort out some little glitches out. Also if my battery stats sorts itself too.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Signal bar.

Easier said than done. It is kies that I am having major problems with at the moment. It won't recognise my phone. Grrr