This may sound dumb...signing out of my gmail account on the Samsung Galaxy

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I can't figure out how to sign out on my samsung galaxy 3 phone...can anyone help me?:p
Go to settings, then scroll down to accounts, click on Google account, then click on your gmail address and remove account. That's the only way I know to do it.

You need to be signed into a gmail account though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Why do you want to sign out, you will need to reenter your login each time? I also do not believe there is a way to log out if you are using the default mail app

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Just disable it in application manager.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Good thought, if you only have one Gmail account. Doesn't do much good if you have several but only want to disable one. Deleting the account is the only way I've seen. Nothing is lost as it's stored on Google servers.

crabbz

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't use gmail and don't sync with google so I have no use for the google account other than to use the google play store, so I tend to delete my google account when I'm not using it and log back into the store when I need to. The only problem I've seen is one app popped up a notice that it couldn't verify its license. It corrected itself after I logged back into the store. Soooo, at least some apps need the google account present for license verification. However it isn't clear how often this may come up. I've been logged out for a few days with no problems.

hyderam

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi

My best advice , you or by default yahoo mail and gmail is available in your mobile as separate icon i think, fist uninstall those icons. if you want to check mails use the browser in your mobile type the address[gmail.com] then open your inbox , then its like u r using in your system now you can easily log out . if you quick link once u opened gmail main page bookmarks that page, next time go to book mark and select ur desire link. thats it . problem solved. don't take too much tension

britishcat27

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
It was almost constantly a reminder that if using a laptop or home computer ,then pleased be advised to take caution for security reasons ,log out each time after a session in Yahoo or g-mail or any other mail account. But not come across a smartphone yet that enable's you to do so. Not unless you close down or delete your mail account on every occasion like i see on here described . So presumably then, you would assume a phone's likelihood of being hacked into on this media is less so than in the former described. Why then the need for mobile security?. I'm just a novice, but so far i know, a mobile is like any other device .. Tablet ..PC .. .all open to who-ever so ,or has the knowledge to work their way in ,and take/steal whatever info - private details belonging to you if so the wish takes them. If you can sign out of your email account when YOU have finished ,then you feel safer.

Meltzi H

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Note that when you are signed out of your google account some features will not work like live updates, notifications, license checks and more. On the google apps and on lots other apps that use google services. I hate it but that's what we get with android.
Anyway , you can also log out most of your accounts including google with my app "Log Out!":
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.meltzerman.logout&token=bFoKZpvd
(But be careful. This app logs out all accounts)

notalibrarian

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. I found a simple solution. Go into your email account on your computer and change your password. It forced my phone to log out of my gmail account.

Ysato

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Removing the main G Mail from Android device is usually painful, if it is only just for signing out and then signing back in with New Password.
Here's a little easier way (and it won't change other Google services, eg - PlayStore etc) :
Setting > App Manager > (All Apps) > G Mail > push Force Stop, Clear Cache, Clear Data > exit and restart device > open G Mail > follow prompts to sign back in with New Password > add other emails back in if required.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87