GS3, problem with music player when phone goes idle.

vsb1357

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I bought a new Galaxy S3 a couple of weeks ago and I should say I am a bit disappointed. One problem I faced is the very high battery usage (in spite of turning wife,data, GPS off), but the more annoying one, is that it cannot play music properly when it goes to idle mode. When the music is being played and phone goes to idle mode (either automatically or when I press the power button), every now and then the music becomes dis-continuous. Similar to the situation you might have experienced on an old computer, when it's playing music while running heavy computations in the background. The problem just comes and goes, sometimes just for a couple of seconds, sometimes for longer. But funny thing is that as soon as I unlock the phone, the problem goes away.
I have a model GT-I9300 with Android 4.1.2 and Kernel ver 3.0.31-566833 with a 64GB external SD. My music is stored on the external memory and is mainly in FLAC. To check if it is caused by FLAC or the SD card, I copied some mp3 to the internal memory and found out the problem is not resolved. Then I thought maybe the Music Player is causing the problem, so I installed Rocket Player, but faced the same problem.
So, if anybody has any idea how to fix this problem, I'd be much grateful.
Thanks.

John Walters

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
i am sad to say im not replying to resolve the issue. BUT- i am having the exact same problem. this happened with my S2 as well as my current S3. i have tried many different music players but the same thing continues to happen: you throw on some tunes and set your phone aside, only to have it stop during sleep after the current song ends. or, at least, you think its stopped until the next track plays a minute later. once you wake up the phone, though, its business as usual. i came across this post trying to find an answer after searching for almost an hour now. im sick of seeing posts with replies like, "well, i would try this," "have you searched google?" and "my similar problem but different entirely was solved this way." how about some bonafide "hey this is the solution!" replies? nope, instead its either idiots speculating or people like me complaining about the same problem yet not offerering a solution. good luck! also, about your battery issue: when i picked up my first s3 it was draining battery like crazy. i did all of the appropriate shutting off of erroneous background apps and such, etc and so on. nothing helped, and it was BAD. replaced the battery and holds a charge perfectly. exact same thing happened to my buddy a week later. apparently samsung shipped out a bunch of s3s with faulty batteries. hope that helps!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
First, let's talk about the music issue: I've not noticed this on mine, except when a notification comes in. Even there I've only really noticed it on videos--I'll need to check and see if it happens on music, too. But I listen to music in the car from time to time, via the 3.5mm jack, and I've never had the music stop with the screen shuts off. Whether that music is on the SD card or Pandora. Do you have any kind of battery saver or task manager apps installed? Do you have the power saving option turned on?

In terms of battery, what do you consider very high usage? Can you take some screen captures and post them here? Make sure you charge the battery to 100%, then use the phone normally until the battery gets down below 50%. Then do a capture of the battery stats screen. Tap the graph on that screen and capture that one, too. Then go back to the battery stats, tap "Screen", and capture that. Post all three here and let us take a look. Actually, it would probably be better to start a new thread with an appropriate subject line. No one will look at the title of this thread and expect to see a battery discussion.

bigjerm7

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem using juice defender. If you're running a battery saver app try turning it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Siva Reddy1

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I am also facing the same issue, it occurs both on mp3 and videos as well.
Please help me with this bug.
Also, anyone knows, when would be the next Android update for S3 ????!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Siva,
Updates for the S3 mostly depend on what carrier you're with - the International phones tend to get updates first, and for the US carriers Verizon is usually last to the party.

What is your specific problem and what have you already done to try to resolve it?
Which apps are you using to play the media?
Is the media stored locally or are you streaming it or both?
If the media is stored locally, is it on an SD card?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38