- 133 Posts
Experiencing Greater Battery Usage on WIFI than 4G
I've always heard that switching to WIFI is recommended to use less power when compared to 4G. I've been experiencing the opposite. When at work on 4G I have significantly less battery draw.
I'm currently rooted and running CleanRom 5.6, but the same thing was happening before rooting. I would assume that when connected on Wifi that mobile data isn't connected, even if the toggle is turned on and vice versa when connected to mobile data. Under the advanced Wifi options I have "Keep Wifi On During Sleep" set to Never.
- 01-17-2013, 12:59 PM #2
- 01-17-2013, 02:10 PM #3
- 133 Posts
Re: Experiencing Greater Battery Usage on WIFI than 4G
Thanks...I'll have to go in and check.
 It looks like Google Drive and Currents were both set to sync in wifi only. I've made adjustments for those. Now I just need to see if it makes any difference.
Last edited by Wnrgway; 01-17-2013 at 03:41 PM.
- By briansmithphotography in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 08-17-2012, 03:29 PM
- By Zephkiel in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 9Last Post: 06-08-2011, 08:50 AM
- By rcpa in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 7Last Post: 06-02-2011, 09:10 AM
- By tmax1964 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 9Last Post: 08-25-2010, 08:55 PM
- By thenameisgabe in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 6Last Post: 07-26-2010, 12:26 AM