S3 Tips, Tricks, Battery Life (Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3)

Laurasca

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I need HELP please urgently !!! My samsung galaxy S3 is having wifi problems. It's connected but the wifi signal is very weak even though my other devices have strong signal. So I know there is something wrong with the wifi only on my galaxy S3.
Thanks ? lot!!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
It's connected but the wifi signal is very weak even though my other devices have strong signal.
I'd agree that it sounds like something is wrong with your phone. Did it ever work correctly?
If so, what else happened when the problem started?
Does it work correctly anywhere else (ex. free Wi-Fi at the library or other locations)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Tiffany Vigil

May 25, 2014
Visit site
my S3 is completely broken screen wise thees nothing there touch sensors are cooked but ineed my contacts its really important that i get them. when its plugged in it still lights up and the start up noise kicks in just fine still vibrates when i move the whole phone certain ways i tried kies but it needs password and i cant do anything on the s3 screen to unlock it.. its a sprint can you help me???

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
i tried kies but it needs password and i cant do anything on the s3 screen to unlock it
You could try something like http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009QW3TBK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3674308 - that would allow you to connect it to a TV or monitor and use a USB mouse/keyboard for navigation/input.

Or you could replace the screen assembly yourself - here are a couple of sources:

http://m.repairsuniverse.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-screen-assembly-replacement-white.html

http://www.etradesupply.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-s3-gt-i9300-lcd-screen-and-digitizer-assembly.html

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Shahid Majeed

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S3 charger icon is frozen

Hi , need help

The Charging icon of My Samsung Galaxy S3 is Frozen. It doesnot display Charging or discharging %tage, not allowing me to know how much my Phone is charged (while Plugged on AC) or discharged (While on Battery). But when i restart the phone actual Charge %tage is displayed & same gets frozen.

Plz help me to overcome this issue.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 charger icon is frozen

Hello and welcome to the forums!
The Charging icon of My Samsung Galaxy S3 is Frozen.
It sounds like you're referring to the icon on the Status bar, right?

Are you using a 3rd party launcher?

You could try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242 to see if the problem goes away - if it does then a 3rd party application is causing your issue.

If it behaves the same in Safe mode you may want to consider a Factory Reset.

Shahid Majeed

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

Factory reset i have already tried but to no avail.

Also the safe mode link provided by you shows "page is unavailable".

Plz support for resolution.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

The link above (for safe mode) works fine for me.

After you factory reset, did you re-install, or let Google automatically re-install, all of your apps? If so, I suspect some app you have installed is causing the problem. Booting into safe mode will prevent 3rd party apps from booting, so that's the first thing to try. Here's another link to safe mode I found with a Google search: How To Enable And Disable Safe Mode On Samsung Galaxy S3

If this occurs even with a completely stock, factory reset, phone, with no additional software installed, then something odd is occurring.

Are you on a completely stock ROM, or are you rooted? If rooted, have you removed or frozen any apps? Are you running a custom ROM or kernel? If you've modified anything, there's no telling what might be causing the problem.

Do you have any task killing apps, or any apps designed to improve battery life? Have you installed any apps designed to modify the battery display?

Chris Skalski

May 1, 2015
Visit site

Hi! I am new here with some battery questions. As many of us have experienced, there are two huge problems with battery/charging almost any phone with a micro-USB interface, and the second problem being a ridiculously short battery life on the S3.

I have replaced 3 phones with bad charge ports (the port solder to the board failed/cracked and no longer made a connection., Many of us have tried everything. Charging it upside down, pushing really hard until you finally get a red light, only to be disappointed in the morning that iii is still red and has only charged 28%. ETC.

Anyway, I got smart and bought a wall charger for a whopping $4, and I have an extra battery. I am NOT replacing any more perfectly good phones because of the charge port issue. I have 3 teenage daughters, all with Android and the port of ill repute, called micro USB.

Anyway, my question now is how can I get maximum use time between charges. I have heard of a Hyperion 3500 mah but there are SO MANY aftermarket; cheap Chinese batteries that I don't know what will give me my moneys worth.
'
Can anyone offer advice from direct experience. BTW, I do not have an I 9300. I have the L-710. I USED to have the I-9300, but because I was 4 days out of warranty last time the port failed this is what they gave me. It has a slightly lower resolution, and I don't car because I can only watch 1 movie before the battery dies.

So, please direct me to a battery that I can get better performance with if you can, and thank you for being here!!!!

-Chris

jay869

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I would really love to retrieve my voice recordings........

i had some voice recordings on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I sent it to the shop, an now that i have received it back i cannot get the voice recording that I taped back. Can you help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2