text notification only makes half a sound

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
until recently i had my text notification set and it worked perfectly fine. now all of a sudden, when i get a text it'll show that i have a text in the icon and in the notification bar, but it will only start making the text notification sound and stop halfway through. i tried setting a different tone but had the same problem. has any one else had this problem?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Have you ran the JB update yet? Mine did this here and there on ICS. Sense JB not at all. But the other side to this is that I don't use sound 90% of the time. Just vibrate most of the time. But I would be interested to know if JB fix this issue.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I think the same thing has happened randomly on mine as well. I'm running Jelly Bean stock, and don't recall noticing with ICS. I have the stock Messaging app and Sound notifications/sounds set as shown in the screenshots. Perhaps its some combination of settings? I have the Messaging app set to delete after 200 as some specified in the thread shared above by carlos31820.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-22-19-06-40.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-22-19-06-40.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2013-01-22-19-07-09.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-22-19-07-09.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 11

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I remember the old thread about this...... did they ever find a cure other than deleting txts?
Theres a huge big chunk of storage in there for everything so i cnt see why deleting txts would help.
Im an untidy **** , never delete anythin n ive never had the problem.
Is it just a single carrier thats affected or only the US models?

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale, aroma v1.5A. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I remember the old thread about this...... did they ever find a cure other than deleting txts?
Theres a huge big chunk of storage in there for everything so i cnt see why deleting txts would help.
Im an untidy **** , never delete anythin n ive never had the problem.
Is it just a single carrier thats affected or only the US models?

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale, aroma v1.5A. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

i have verizon, i'm not sure what carrier the other poster has. its also not a consistent problem. itll happen a few times. then itll be fine. now its new thing is it won't even make half the sound

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
When i first got my S3 i had the problem of the text tone only playing half of the tone and also having read the text message there notificaition saying there was "1" unread text.
I had a chat to the o2 and said it was a softwar issue and i was to take it back straight away for a replacement. I am not saying this is what is wrong but the symptoms could be there for further problems. So try taking the battery out etc etc. If that doesnt work then take it back.

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
When i first got my S3 i had the problem of the text tone only playing half of the tone and also having read the text message there notificaition saying there was "1" unread text.
I had a chat to the o2 and said it was a softwar issue and i was to take it back straight away for a replacement. I am not saying this is what is wrong but the symptoms could be there for further problems. So try taking the battery out etc etc. If that doesnt work then take it back.

thanks for the heads up i'll give it a shot

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante