Can't find how to enable Voice Command for Apps on 4.1.1

Cameron L

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hope someone can help me.

Have a Galaxy S3 and upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 OTA and now I can't find how to enable/disable voice command for apps.

On ICS it used to be:
Settings > Language & Input > then toggle Voice cmd for apps

but that "Voice cmd for apps" is not there on mine with 4.1.1

Any help?

BTW voice command is on on my wife's GS3 but off on mine, both running 4.1.1

Thanks.
Cameron

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hope someone can help me.

Have a Galaxy S3 and upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 OTA and now I can't find how to enable/disable voice command for apps.

On ICS it used to be:
Settings > Language & Input > then toggle Voice cmd for apps

but that "Voice cmd for apps" is not there on mine with 4.1.1

Any help?

BTW voice command is on on my wife's GS3 but off on mine, both running 4.1.1

Thanks.
Cameron
This thread should help

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/226970-voice-command-apps-4-1-a.html

- Open s-voice by double pressing the home key (as if you we opening s-voice to ask a question).
- Once in S-voice press the menu (lower Left key) and scroll down to control apps. That will bring you to the menu.

stephenjj

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Could you provide more help? I have a Verizon S3 running 4.1.2 and i followed your instructions. When i open s-voice and then press menu, i get a "settings" tab that opens. I cannot "scroll down" on this, instead if i click on "settings" i do get a series of options, but none of them include "control apps". So i still can't find this feature.

Thanks!

This thread should help

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/226970-voice-command-apps-4-1-a.html

- Open s-voice by double pressing the home key (as if you we opening s-voice to ask a question).
- Once in S-voice press the menu (lower Left key) and scroll down to control apps. That will bring you to the menu.

Cathy Windell

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
The following methods do NOT work on my phone! :'(
Samsung Galaxy 3
Sprint

1. go to S-Voice in your apps->Menu->Settings->after help and about (the fifth option down) turn on voice control
2. Open s-voice by double pressing the home key (as if you we opening s-voice to ask a question).

There is NO control apps in the S voice menu

NO "S voice cmd for apps" option anywhere in this menu (Language and Input)
Language and Input>Speech> only choices are Voice search and Text-speech output options

There is a youtube video that shows a widget that is supposed to make this work but I can't find the widget!
watch

at the .55 sec. mark

The widget has
Direct Call/Smart Stay/Voice cmd for apps/S Beam

Anyone???

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! This helped me with the same problem. I must say, this is not a good place to hide these settings, as they are not (that I can see) accessible from the main settings menu. Also, my usually reliable S Voice couldn't even turn on voice commands when I asked. Thanks for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith