- 1 Posts
my Galaxy s3 will not connect to Mac
Hi i have an AT&T galaxy s3 SGH1747 on android 4.1 and I was going to buy iSyncer so I could have iTunes playlists on my phone. I got the lite version to test it out. My phone cannot connect. It charges but as a camera or a media device with usb debugging enabled or disabled it does not work. I have android file transfer on my mac, but it keeps telling me restart or reconnect device. Kies also cannot detect my device and it used to. My Mac is on 10.7.5. Can someone figure out a way to connect my device?
- 01-23-2013, 06:54 PM #2
Re: my Galaxy s3 will not connect to Mac
I've tried iSyncr and like it, but as you may have seen there are some interoperability issues if Kies is installed. May also be the case if Android File Transfer is installed along with Kies. There could be some issues over who gets control of the USB subsystem when the phone is plugged in. I have had zero success with AFT, but for others it appears to work great. Winamp has a beta synch utility for iTunes as well. Its on my list to check out further as I'm considering using the Poweramp player again. The links below are some good resources to pour through. Hope this helps.
Kies for Mac and Mountain Lion not working? Here's a solution [From the Forums] | Android Central
- By Ethan417 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 12-25-2012, 08:19 PM
- By gblaca in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 10-05-2012, 09:25 PM
- By kaleforniacation in forum Sprint Nexus S 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 09-28-2012, 04:25 PM
- By manbearpig073 in forum US Cellular Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 09-02-2012, 06:39 PM
- By bduran727 in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 02-29-2012, 10:52 PM