I don't receive texts sometimes... ticking me off

Carl Madarang

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I just got the T-Mobile GS3, and updated it to Jellybean. I have not done anything else to the phone besides download GO SMS for texting. Anyway, I don't receive texts sometimes from people and I've noticed they're usually all iPhone users. I know they sent the texts because they'll show me their phones and I'll see it. Help me please!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Did you have an iPhone before the GS3? Were you using iMessage? I'm not an iPhone person, but my understanding is that if the answers to the previous two questions are "yes,", you need to have your carrier disable iMessage at the account level.

GreenBerry84

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Did you have an iPhone before the GS3? Were you using iMessage? I'm not an iPhone person, but my understanding is that if the answers to the previous two questions are "yes,", you need to have your carrier disable iMessage at the account level.
I know this isn't applicable to the original poster unless they have another iOS device, but I'm wondering if you could just uncheck your phone number from iMessage addresses before switching? I'm switching in just under 2 weeks but will still have my iPad, I'm reachable for iMessage via 5 addresses one of which is my phone number which I want to keep for the GS3, so I was planning to just remove/uncheck the phone number in the settings, I'm guessing this would work? (I know you're not an iPhone user meyerweb I'm wondering if anyone knows? :) )

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I know this isn't applicable to the original poster unless they have another iOS device, but I'm wondering if you could just uncheck your phone number from iMessage addresses before switching? I'm switching in just under 2 weeks but will still have my iPad, I'm reachable for iMessage via 5 addresses one of which is my phone number which I want to keep for the GS3, so I was planning to just remove/uncheck the phone number in the settings, I'm guessing this would work? (I know you're not an iPhone user meyerweb I'm wondering if anyone knows? :) )

Greenbery84, I just switched from an iPhone 4S to the Galaxy S3 and did just that. A few days before upgrading I went into Settings and disabled iMessage on both my iPhone and iPad. Messaging still worked on the iPhone but they all work as standard SMS messages. I did it a few days early because I wanted to give it enough time to make sure my phone would unregister from the iMessage servers.

When I got the S3 I did not have any problems receiving messages from iOS users on the S3. Apple really needs to fix that annoying bug.

GreenBerry84

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Greenbery84, I just switched from an iPhone 4S to the Galaxy S3 and did just that. A few days before upgrading I went into Settings and disabled iMessage on both my iPhone and iPad. Messaging still worked on the iPhone but they all work as standard SMS messages. I did it a few days early because I wanted to give it enough time to make sure my phone would unregister from the iMessage servers.

When I got the S3 I did not have any problems receiving messages from iOS users on the S3. Apple really needs to fix that annoying bug.
Thanks for the info, I can do that with no worries then! :)

meyerweb said:
That's not a bug, it's a feature! :)
I must admit that made me chuckle! ;)

Socksy27

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I just got the T-Mobile GS3, and updated it to Jellybean. I have not done anything else to the phone besides download GO SMS for texting. Anyway, I don't receive texts sometimes from people and I've noticed they're usually all iPhone users. I know they sent the texts because they'll show me their phones and I'll see it. Help me please!
I had this problem and my friend with the iphone erased my contact and reentered my contact and it worked now no texting problems.

Socksy27

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Did you have an iPhone before the GS3? Were you using iMessage? I'm not an iPhone person,
but my understanding is that if the answers to the previous two questions are "yes,", you need to have your carrier disable iMessage at the account level.
No u dont that is what they told me and i discovered a post that said have your friend erase and reenter your contact and it worked. The iphones give there contacts a list of iphones and non iphones. And if u reenter it wont log i as an iphone user an all imessage will come to u fine. I also had people that didn't know me text my droid with there iphone messenger and it worked but my sister would send me and it didnt. But i previously had an iphone. So she erased her contact for me and redid it. Now it workss fine.