got some questions.

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
would it be worth rooting to get the extra features? i know jailbreaking it was great. but caused issues with phone crashing, etc

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
another app: need advice (system tuner) https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%26utm_campaign%3Dappbrain_web&token=TsOZD8Qb

is this for root users only or can i use it with out rooting

That seems like a cool app although im not a fan of the task manager kill all feature or the auto killing of memory Since most people think that having alot of free memory is a good thing they will end up sitting there killing apps all day thinking they are doing themselves a favor. But besides that i like the backup and freezing options and the CPU settings although i would suggest alot of reading be done before you start playing with CPU settings.

rooting in itself will not just cause crashes, all rooting does is give you administrative rights on your phone , changing things once you have root may if you change the wrong thing. What features do you want that you think you need root.

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
i was reading about how the phone preforms faster and gets better batt life. other then that none that really catches my eye, but your right it can get messed up so i wont worry about rooting the phone since it can do all the features that i wanted with a jailbroke iphone

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
What concerns me is that it can look at my messages, phone calls, etc. so that is a concern to me.

But, i guess you take good with the bad.

Sadly it will be another 2 weeks before i can achieve greatness.

What i cant figure out is rooting (is it kinda like a jail break where my warranty flys out the window, is it safe to root? if i do i am not changing the rom or any features, etc i just noticed that there are apps for those that have rooted phones.

RE: Antivirus software being able to look at your messages - I wouldn't worry about this. Lookout, Avast, Kaspersky, AVG, and Norton are all well established and trustworthy companies. And just look at the numbers...how many millions of people around the world use each service? How many calls and messages is that? Probably a few hundred million a day. No one has the time to look at any of that, they're too busy tracking down viruses and implementing them in their virus definitions.

RE: Rooting: It is safe to root. All that does is change your permissions to access and modify the root-level system folder and everything in it. Basically, it extends your access. Rooting by itself won't harm your phone. It will, however, void your warranty and will prevent official software upgrades. If you root, you'll have to manually flash any updates that come out.

I rooted my last phone, and installed a custom ROM. Samsung and AT&T abandoned the Captivate and I just couldn't get the official Froyo onto the phone, so I took matters into my own hands. Out of the box, my Captivate had a horrible GPS. After I rooted and installed the custom ROM, the GPS improved quite a bit...for about a month. After that, it was so borked, it wouldn't even lock on any satellites on a clear day. Bottom line is that most ROMS are never perfect, so you run the risk of breaking something by installing them.

I have no desire, nor do I see a reason, to root or ROM my GS3. The phone runs flawlessly, the GPS is fantastic, All the UI modifications I want to make can be done with Nova Prime, and they let me install Swype Beta in addition to the official Swype (couldn't do that on the Captivate). So I'm happy with a stock phone.

If you're the kind of person who likes to tinker and you're okay with features breaking occasionally, then you might enjoy the experience of rooting and ROMming your phone. If you're the kind of person who'd get really pissed off if the GPS stopped working or other random glitches occur, then you'd probably better stick with stock.

Either way, there are plenty of options to make this phone your own. Just have fun!

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank ya, i like to have the features that make the phone easy to use, where as my iphone seemed to become slower with the jail break, i am going to do this phone right i would be quite happy jumping ship, just for the features. And bigger screen

i understand the name brands like u mentioned i had, norton, kerpersky and avast,

I am thinking about avast for the phone. running pc version right now never had trouble

I guess it worried me that they can look at calls and messsges, etc

Last edited:

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Got another question for yall. I read somewhere that you can watch movies while txting, etc. is this true? turns out i went to the Samsung S3 site it was true. looks like kinda of cool feature to use

Can i use my apple charger its a 10watt, 6ft in lengh and its saved me more then once. Will it kil the new phone if not i can use my usb to usb adapter to get more range.

Also how well do these charger cords hold up to because i am on my 5th apple charger (about to be 6th) and almost my second truck charger (non apple) over the course of this phone it seems to break right at the part that goes in the phone

Ok next topic- can i change the keyborad color (with out rooting the phone) i had my iphone jail broke, color was a red and black i dont have screen shots of it. To show but it was nice. Stock app, or google play

Thank yall, only 2 more weeks i hope. so i will update this thread more. as needed

Last edited:

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Well i got a concern right now, when people send me mms (pictures) can i just have the phone download automatically. i am going to miss that feature

Thank yall

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781