Samsung GS3 and Samsung SmartTV

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks

I got a Samsung SG3 phone and a Samsung SmartTV at home (UE55ES8080).
Devices are all set up in my home network via WiFi Router. Upnp is activated as well. AllShare Play and AllShare Control apps work fine. I can control the TV and share media from my Phone and display it on the TV.

What I miss, though is a possibility to watch the TV program (or BluRay for that matter, I got a Samsung BD7000 with SmartTV on it as well) on my phone. Background is, that I sometimes like to watch TV while sitting i.e. in the bathtub or generally when I am not near my TV.

So Phone -> TV works.
TV -> phone does not. Is there a special app for that or is the TV simply not able to be a Upnp Server...??

TIA for any hints.

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
From my quick Google search of what you're saying, it seems to be only watching what you're watching on your phone to the TV and not vice versa.

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
In my google studies, I found a demo from CES where they showed off this functionality (with all share cast, I think) but I can't find that function anywhere in any of the "allshare" apps.

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Update:
Now, after the last update, Allshare Cast is part of the OS (can find it on the notification screen). Strangely enough, as far as I could find out via google etc., it doesn't do anything else than Allshare Play, except that you need a dongle for Allshare Cast to work ... how strange is that?
All of that does not solve my problem of streaming FROM the SmartTV TO my Smartphone. Seems, that this won't work. :'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman