Samsung GS3 and Samsung SmartTV
I got a Samsung SG3 phone and a Samsung SmartTV at home (UE55ES8080).
Devices are all set up in my home network via WiFi Router. Upnp is activated as well. AllShare Play and AllShare Control apps work fine. I can control the TV and share media from my Phone and display it on the TV.
What I miss, though is a possibility to watch the TV program (or BluRay for that matter, I got a Samsung BD7000 with SmartTV on it as well) on my phone. Background is, that I sometimes like to watch TV while sitting i.e. in the bathtub or generally when I am not near my TV.
So Phone -> TV works.
TV -> phone does not. Is there a special app for that or is the TV simply not able to be a Upnp Server...??
TIA for any hints.
- 01-30-2013, 01:21 AM #2
Re: Samsung GS3 and Samsung SmartTV
Now, after the last update, Allshare Cast is part of the OS (can find it on the notification screen). Strangely enough, as far as I could find out via google etc., it doesn't do anything else than Allshare Play, except that you need a dongle for Allshare Cast to work ... how strange is that?
All of that does not solve my problem of streaming FROM the SmartTV TO my Smartphone. Seems, that this won't work.
- By milominderbinde in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 15Last Post: 11-01-2010, 02:45 PM
- By imex99 in forum Samsung Moment Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 09-30-2010, 09:39 PM
- By eric0668 in forum T-Mobile VibrantReplies: 2Last Post: 09-01-2010, 09:05 AM
- By Joeybear23 in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-10-2010, 09:25 AM
- By Joeybear23 in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 1Last Post: 08-10-2010, 08:45 AM