Can't end calls

bakeri666

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Had anyone else had this and preferably found a fix?

I dropped my s3 the other week and cracked the top third of the screen... ever since the phone freezes during calls, so I can't end them without pulling the battery.

I'm a bit annoyed as a phone isn't much use with dubious phone functionality, and the cracked screen would have invalidates the warranty

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Considering the phone's display has been damaged and its showing obvious signs of not operating properly you can't really expect a fix other than get the screen repaired/replaced either by doing so yourself or paying the carrier/store damage replacement cost to fix it.

Rotten situation but this goes back to previous years when it was common practice when carriers/store warranties used to cover screen damage "smashed screens, etc. " and consumers purposely would break/damage the phone to get a new refurb or replacement model using the warranty to their advantage. I saw this happen on numerous occasions at my local Sprint stores... Finally the carriers/store warranty companies said enough is enough...

bakeri666

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
That's what I thought... The repair centre near me is charging almost as much to replace the screen as a new s3 would cost which is a lot to pay to then use the warranty to fix another issue.

Looks like my plan of putting up until the s4 comes out may not work