Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xlDeMoNiClx
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Problems and enquiries with youtube and lock screen =\

Hi guys.
    I'm new to the android, having previously owned an iphone, and i've come across some problems.

1. The youtube app (that's already there) has me automatically signed in with my newly created gmail account, but I am wanting to sign into youtube with my old youtube account, which uses my ntlworld address, as it has all my subscriptions, activity etc. I have managed to sign out of my gmail youtube account, via the tab in the app, but when i click to sign in it says
    "choose which account
    gmail
    add account"
    When I choose 'add account' it brings me into setting up a google account, existing or new. If I choose existing and type in my ntlworld email and password it says 'username and password do not match'. I always assumed youtube was connected to google, as I sign into google with the same email and password.

Is there some way I can sign in with my ntlworld account?

2. I discovered that you can't access your music player from the lock screen and have to unlock the phone every time you want to change skip song etc. I read that the app Widget Locker, which costs 1.99, is the solution so I purchased this and added the music layer widget to the new lock screen but the actual samsung lock screen is still there so i have to unlock the phone twice.

Can I disable the second lock screen?
    Can you add a pin lock to the widget locker home screen for extra security?

I would much appreciate the help as I'm still learning the Android way of life
    Thanks.

Default Re: Problems and enquiries with youtube and lock screen =\

I can't help you with #1, and I don't have the problem you describe in #2: I use a pattern lock on my phone, and the lock screen shows the music controls just fine, using either the Google Music app or the Amazon Music app.
    What player are you using?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No worries, thank you for taking the time to read it! I use the music player that comes with the samsung =/ is the music player you use free to download?
    Thanks

I use the new Remix music player, costs a little over a dollar and has lock screen controls available. As for #1, I don't really know how to fix that.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thsnk you I'll have a wee look at that app and others to see if helps. All this hassle, to get a basic control that should be supplied with the software/phone. Hopefully I'll find a solution to these problems eventually
    Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by xlilgreenpeax View Post
    Thsnk you I'll have a wee look at that app and others to see if helps. All this hassle, to get a basic control that should be supplied with the software/phone. Hopefully I'll find a solution to these problems eventually
    Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    There's a free 30-day trial version. It has a ton of useful features.
    xlilgreenpeax likes this.