Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 112
Like Tree41Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    I know it's hard for many Americans to understand, but America not = World. You'll also notice Tim Cook did not say the stories were incorrect. His wording was very carefully crafted to imply WSJ was wrong, but not say anything specific.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

    Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    zapfrog and crester like this.
  2. #52  
    winmod21's Avatar

    Posts
    472 Posts
    ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Just ran across this: in my email yesterday.

    . . and this:

    . . and:
    Last edited by winmod21; 02-02-2013 at 11:10 AM.
  3. #53  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    World marketshare makes no difference to me. As a matter of fact, neither does U.S.marketshare. If thousands of Android phones are put in the world market against 3 iPhones, then who do you think is going to sell the most, especially when a huge portion of the world cannot purchase anything but a cheap Android phone? But it is true that in the U.S., last quarter, that about 75% of the smartphones sold by AT&T and Verizon were iPhones. The figures for Sprint are probably close to this, and T-Mobile is just a dot on the screen. Apple also increased U.S.marketshare, and Android lost some, so I don't think that Apple is doomed.
    Now don't get me wrong, I love Android phones. I have had many of them, and I will have more. But as I have stated before, Android phones always hit the market with some kind of shortcoming. No one phone has the complete package of screen, battery, build quality, radio, storage, camera, and Jelly Bean. Say what you want, but the iPhone has all of these attributes (except JB), and does them very well. Absolutely the best build quality, screen only rivaled by DNA, great battery life, great radio, best camera, and chooseable storage. And no lag, which Android still cannot claim at this point, although it is greatly improved with Jelly Bean. Add to that the carriers' slowness to allow updates. I am hoping that the Moto'Google "X-phone" is the one phone that fills the bill for all the features available, and hopefully Google will make a deal with carriers like Apple did about updates.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  4. #54  
    V J
    V J is offline
    V J's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    World marketshare makes no difference to me. As a matter of fact, neither does U.S.marketshare. If thousands of Android phones are put in the world market against 3 iPhones, then who do you think is going to sell the most, especially when a huge portion of the world cannot purchase anything but a cheap Android phone? But it is true that in the U.S., last quarter, that about 75% of the smartphones sold by AT&T and Verizon were iPhones. The figures for Sprint are probably close to this, and T-Mobile is just a dot on the screen. Apple also increased U.S.marketshare, and Android lost some, so I don't think that Apple is doomed.
    Now don't get me wrong, I love Android phones. I have had many of them, and I will have more. But as I have stated before, Android phones always hit the market with some kind of shortcoming. No one phone has the complete package of screen, battery, build quality, radio, storage, camera, and Jelly Bean. Say what you want, but the iPhone has all of these attributes (except JB), and does them very well. Absolutely the best build quality, screen only rivaled by DNA, great battery life, great radio, best camera, and chooseable storage. And no lag, which Android still cannot claim at this point, although it is greatly improved with Jelly Bean. Add to that the carriers' slowness to allow updates. I am hoping that the Moto'Google "X-phone" is the one phone that fills the bill for all the features available, and hopefully Google will make a deal with carriers like Apple did about updates.
    You know funny but I think you're the only one here to say anything about Apple being doomed...

    Lawl.

    I think you're starting to feel the pressure Apple is under and the pervasive bubble of denial is starting to crack mate...
  5. #55  
    duck383's Avatar

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (stock)

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Loving what the new BlackBerry has to offer looks sweet and always hoping for the best for BB
    having only owning Android(s) since June Gs2, Blaze 4G and Gs3 i still have my 6 BB's but sticking with the Droid but cant wait to test out the new BB
  6. #56  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    World marketshare makes no difference to me. As a matter of fact, neither does U.S.marketshare. If thousands of Android phones are put in the world market against 3 iPhones, then who do you think is going to sell the most, especially when a huge portion of the world cannot purchase anything but a cheap Android phone? But it is true that in the U.S., last quarter, that about 75% of the smartphones sold by AT&T and Verizon were iPhones. The figures for Sprint are probably close to this, and T-Mobile is just a dot on the screen. Apple also increased U.S.marketshare, and Android lost some, so I don't think that Apple is doomed.
    Now don't get me wrong, I love Android phones. I have had many of them, and I will have more. But as I have stated before, Android phones always hit the market with some kind of shortcoming. No one phone has the complete package of screen, battery, build quality, radio, storage, camera, and Jelly Bean. Say what you want, but the iPhone has all of these attributes (except JB), and does them very well. Absolutely the best build quality, screen only rivaled by DNA, great battery life, great radio, best camera, and chooseable storage. And no lag, which Android still cannot claim at this point, although it is greatly improved with Jelly Bean. Add to that the carriers' slowness to allow updates. I am hoping that the Moto'Google "X-phone" is the one phone that fills the bill for all the features available, and hopefully Google will make a deal with carriers like Apple did about updates.
    And I've seen more laggy and defective ip5 THAT JUST DIDN'T WORK in these short months its crazy. The last phone I owned that lagged was my ns4g and that was AFTER JB. My Gnex with 4.2.1 is flawless

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #57  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    And I've seen more laggy and defective ip5 THAT JUST DIDN'T WORK in these short months its crazy. The last phone I owned that lagged was my ns4g and that was AFTER JB. My Gnex with 4.2.1 is flawless
    It's not nice to stretch the truth. One thing that IOS is not is laggy.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  8. #58  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    It's not nice to stretch the truth. One thing that IOS is not is laggy.
    I seen laggy s3z ip5 4s 4 3gs BlackBerrys ect. Its bad phones in all shapes and os es

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.
  9. #59  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    I seen laggy s3z ip5 4s 4 3gs BlackBerrys ect. Its bad phones in all shapes and os es
    Yeah, but if you see a laggy iPhone, you know something is wrong, and you replace it, restore it, or get it checked out. A laggy Android is an everyday occurrence that you learn to live with, just to own an Android. But as I have said, it is better with Jelly Bean, but not quite there yet. If you really think that Android is as smooth as IOS, then you are not being realistic.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  10. #60  
    V J
    V J is offline
    V J's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Yeah, but if you see a laggy iPhone, you know something is wrong, and you replace it, restore it, or get it checked out. A laggy Android is an everyday occurrence that you learn to live with, just to own an Android. But as I have said, it is better with Jelly Bean, but not quite there yet. If you really think that Android is as smooth as IOS, then you are not being realistic.
    You're not being realistic either if you think 2 carriers selling tons of iphones is any indication of how extensive apple's market share is. Fact of the matter is iOS market share is dwindling and is now less than 20% worldwide, that's a fact and there's just no 2 ways about it. Not saying it's not a great product because my partner has one and I think it's a great device (the iphone5), but market share is slipping for various reasons, no amount of denial can change the numbers.

    Take your own advice, be realistic. Stop coming into competing platforms' forums spreading your gospel in the hopes that it will cure your own insecurities regarding the platform you've chosen to devote yourself to.
    crester likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  
    crester's Avatar

    Posts
    450 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    It's not nice to stretch the truth. One thing that IOS is not is laggy.
    iOS is truly backwards in it's priorities. It's limited in functionality... like apps can't be integrated into the OS unless Apple has allowed it to happen (ie. Facebook... email attachments)... but somehow to Apple fans.. iOS is so amazing because it diverts all processor power to make sure that pulling down the notification menu is absolutely smooth. Morons...
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  
    crester's Avatar

    Posts
    450 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    And why the hell are we talking about Apple in this thread??? It's supposed to be about the new Blackberries vs. the Samsung SGS3...

    Pappy GTFO!
  13. #63  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by V J View Post
    You're not being realistic either if you think 2 carriers selling tons of iphones is any indication of how extensive apple's market share is. Fact of the matter is iOS market share is dwindling and is now less than 20% worldwide, that's a fact and there's just no 2 ways about it. Not saying it's not a great product because my partner has one and I think it's a great device (the iphone5), but market share is slipping for various reasons, no amount of denial can change the numbers.

    Take your own advice, be realistic. Stop coming into competing platforms' forums spreading your gospel in the hopes that it will cure your own insecurities regarding the platform you've chosen to devote yourself to.
    What does marketshare have to do with lagginess? Anyway, as I stated before, I don't care about worldwide or U.S.marketshare, but IOS marketshare in the U.S. is increasing, and that's a fact.
    BTW, I have no insecurities about IOS, or any other platform. I like them all, and have owned them all, beginning with the original Droid. I would just like to see Android have the fluidity and smoothness of IOS, and I think that it shortly will attain that. But right now, if you read 100 reviews comparing the iPhone 5 and any Android phone, probably 98 of them will mention some lag or choppiness on Android. It is just a fact that on a daily basis, IOS is a smoother, more trouble-free experience. As you say, "that's a fact and there's just no 2 ways about it". Maybe you have insecurities about your chosen platform too, but remember, they are just phones.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  14. #64  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by crester View Post
    And why the hell are we talking about Apple in this thread??? It's supposed to be about the new Blackberries vs. the Samsung SGS3...
    BB10 looks pretty good to me. I hope that it does well in the market, as I don't want any company to go down. Too much unemployment already.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  15. #65  

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by V J View Post
    You're not being realistic either if you think 2 carriers selling tons of iphones is any indication of how extensive apple's market share is. Fact of the matter is iOS market share is dwindling and is now less than 20% worldwide, that's a fact and there's just no 2 ways about it. Not saying it's not a great product because my partner has one and I think it's a great device (the iphone5), but market share is slipping for various reasons, no amount of denial can change the numbers.

    Take your own advice, be realistic. Stop coming into competing platforms' forums spreading your gospel in the hopes that it will cure your own insecurities regarding the platform you've chosen to devote yourself to.
    I can think of a few others on this forum that need to be told this more than he does. :P

    This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
  16. #66  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Yeah, but if you see a laggy iPhone, you know something is wrong, and you replace it, restore it, or get it checked out. A laggy Android is an everyday occurrence that you learn to live with, just to own an Android. But as I have said, it is better with Jelly Bean, but not quite there yet. If you really think that Android is as smooth as IOS, then you are not being realistic.
    U are either high or drunk or a fruithead?

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
  17. #67  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    U are either high or drunk or a fruithead?
    Neither, but I would like to know how many iPhones that you have owned?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  18. #68  

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Yeah, but if you see a laggy iPhone, you know something is wrong, and you replace it, restore it, or get it checked out. A laggy Android is an everyday occurrence that you learn to live with, just to own an Android. But as I have said, it is better with Jelly Bean, but not quite there yet. If you really think that Android is as smooth as IOS, then you are not being realistic.
    Considering I have used both, I can say I would be very realistic to say Android can be as smooth as iOS. Which is bad for iOS cause the only reason it's so easy for it to be silky smooth is cause there's not as much going on in the background.

    It's the same as several years ago when people were bragging about the pre-BB10 Blackberries having the best battery life when the phones had specs that were 4 years out of date.
  19. #69  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Considering I have used both, I can say I would be very realistic to say Android can be as smooth as iOS. Which is bad for iOS cause the only reason it's so easy for it to be silky smooth is cause there's not as much going on in the background.
    "Used" and "owned" are 2 different things. And you are correct, Android should be as smooth, but it's not. As far as specs being out of date, that may be true, but the iPhone is still faster than any Android. I am honestly more of a Android fan than an IOS fan, but I call it as I see and experience it. And just so you won't think that I was using old technology, my last 3 phones were: Maxx HD, S3, and DNA.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  20. #70  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    What does marketshare have to do with lagginess? Anyway, as I stated before, I don't care about worldwide or U.S.marketshare, but IOS marketshare in the U.S. is increasing, and that's a fact.
    BTW, I have no insecurities about IOS, or any other platform. I like them all, and have owned them all, beginning with the original Droid. I would just like to see Android have the fluidity and smoothness of IOS, and I think that it shortly will attain that. But right now, if you read 100 reviews comparing the iPhone 5 and any Android phone, probably 98 of them will mention some lag or choppiness on Android. It is just a fact that on a daily basis, IOS is a smoother, more trouble-free experience. As you say, "that's a fact and there's just no 2 ways about it". Maybe you have insecurities about your chosen platform too, but remember, they are just phones.
    First its been proven iOS has more app crashes. Secondly I've compared with my wife's iphones my skyrocket on jb is really no different in fluidity in fact my wife wants to switch. US market share is a small piece of the pie and a bad way to judge a product sold worldwide and like always it will drop right back down lol. Reviewers are commonly biased especially mainstream media sources which leaves many to question just how reputable the review process is.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  21. #71  

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    "Used" and "owned" are 2 different things. And you are correct, Android should be as smooth, but it's not. As far as specs being out of date, that may be true, but the iPhone is still faster than any Android. I am honestly more of a Android fan than an IOS fan, but I call it as I see and experience it. And just so you won't think that I was using old technology, my last 3 phones were: Maxx HD, S3, and DNA.
    You obviously didn't read my post at all or you are intentionally twisting my words to support your arguments.

    1) Yes used and owned are different things but I used it because I did own it and despite their differences it makes no difference in whether or not I know what I'm talking about.

    2) I said it can be as smooth, and I have seen it just as smooth. Not all the time but it can run alot more than iOS can at the same time while iOS can literally only run 1 app at a time so obviously iOS is gonna be smoother overall. Not that impressive.

    3) As for the "specs out of date" I literally cannot imagine how you could make the mistake that I was talking about the iPhone when the word wasn't even in that sentence but Blackberry was. I'm gonna ask this as nicely as possible: how many beers have you had today?
  22. #72  

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    First its been proven iOS has more app crashes. Secondly I've compared with my wife's iphones my skyrocket on jb is really no different in fluidity in fact my wife wants to switch. US market share is a small piece of the pie and a bad way to judge a product sold worldwide and like always it will drop right back down lol. Reviewers are commonly biased especially mainstream media sources which leaves many to question just how reputable the review process is.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    I couldn't agree more with that last part. I have yet to find a decent tech site that wasn't baised in Apple's favor. That's why I only really read AC's stuff.
  23. #73  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    "Used" and "owned" are 2 different things. And you are correct, Android should be as smooth, but it's not. As far as specs being out of date, that may be true, but the iPhone is still faster than any Android. I am honestly more of a Android fan than an IOS fan, but I call it as I see and experience it. And just so you won't think that I was using old technology, my last 3 phones were: Maxx HD, S3, and DNA.
    You sir are using a lot of language indicating a need for justification of a point not proving one.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  24. #74  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    That's why I only really read AC's stuff.
    So it won't be biased? LOL!
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  25. #75  

    Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    So it won't be biased? LOL!
    Show me a review that proves they are. Also if you're convinced they're biased why are you here? Lol

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HTC One X vs Samsung Galaxy S3
    By saintforlife in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 05:49 AM
  2. Samsung Galaxy S3 vs. Google Nexus 4
    By theriel in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 04:54 AM
  3. Blackberry apps to Samsung Galaxy S3 apps?
    By kkwu2 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 05:07 PM
  4. Awesome new Samsung Galaxy S3 vs. iPhone 5 ad
    By bassjo in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 11:36 AM
  5. samsung galaxy s3 vs htc evo lte
    By mikeinatexas in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 03:21 PM

Posting Permissions

B