Like Tree41Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Default Re: Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Neither, but I would like to know how many iPhones that you have owned?
    Personally I'll NEVER EVER give apple any of my hard earned cash. But my 8 yo brother has a ip5 and ipad and had a 4s before that. So I've had plenty time with both os es and plus I had a Windows phone also Samsung focus

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Personally I'll NEVER EVER give apple any of my hard earned cash. But my 8 yo brother has a ip5 and ipad and had a 4s before that. So I've had plenty time with both os es and plus I had a Windows phone also Samsung focus

It doesn't take long to get to know the OS when it's so basic in its design.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Show me a review that proves they are. Also if you're convinced they're biased why are you here? Lol

As I said before, I like both.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    First its been proven iOS has more app crashes. Secondly I've compared with my wife's iphones my skyrocket on jb is really no different in fluidity in fact my wife wants to switch. US market share is a small piece of the pie and a bad way to judge a product sold worldwide and like always it will drop right back down lol. Reviewers are commonly biased especially mainstream media sources which leaves many to question just how reputable the review process is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Hell yeah u are right 100%. I've converted my girls 2 family members to Android (sgs2 sgs3) and my lil bro now wants to replace his iPad with a Galaxy tab 10.1

Global Posts
    2,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It doesn't take long to get to know the OS when it's so basic in its design.
    And does basically everything that you need it to do.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.

It doesn't for everyone.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Not even close for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    V J

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

You're assuming everyone's smartphone needs are the same. Which is far from it.
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by V J View Post
    You're assuming everyone's smartphone needs are the same. Which is far from it.
    That's what me and others have been tellin dude from jump.

Maybe it's just me and maybe it's because we have no kids but there's something about an 8 year old being on his second iPhone and owning an iPad that just makes me cringe... To each is own I guess... Not criticizing by the way, just amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    Maybe it's just me and maybe it's because we have no kids but there's something about an 8 year old being on his second iPhone and owning an iPad that just makes me cringe... To each is own I guess... Not criticizing by the way, just amazed.
    Haha interesting thought.

Global Posts
    2,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    That is amazing. My children wouldn't have had any cell phone or $500 tablet at that age. But like you said, to each his own.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Yeah my lil bro got me and my pops tech sense but too bad its for the wrong os lol. He knows how to jailbreak too. But like I said he now wants a galaxy tab 10.1 now

Yeah my lil bro got me and my pops tech sense but too bad its for the wrong os lol. He knows how to jailbreak too. But like I said he now wants a galaxy tab 10.1 now

He should get the Nexus 10 lol IMO

The BB10 looks interesting to me and I hope it helps BlackBerry out, wouldn't want to see them go under but it may still happen sadly.
    Would I change? No.

I've had the iPhone 3, 3gs, 4 and 4s. It was really all downhill with the 4 for me. Didn't have the 4S for long before the the s3 made me change. But that's a whole different thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Go Ravens! NFL CHAMPIONS!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #92  

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Go Ravens! NFL CHAMPIONS!
    Damn Apple user can't tell the difference between an Android forum and a NFL Football forum.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    The BB10 looks interesting to me and I hope it helps BlackBerry out, wouldn't want to see them go under but it may still happen sadly.
    Would I change? No.

I've had the iPhone 3, 3gs, 4 and 4s. It was really all downhill with the 4 for me. Didn't have the 4S for long before the the s3 made me change. But that's a whole different thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    I was thinking maybe some of the interface gesture features can make its way to Android. Although I wonder how hard it is to make mistakes if swiping from different edges of the screen cause different functions to happen...?

Quote Originally Posted by crester View Post
    Damn Apple user can't tell the difference between an Android forum and a NFL Football forum.
    lol Football fans are adorable aren't they? Making such a big deal over such a boring sport.
    crester likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

lol Football fans are adorable aren't they? Making such a big deal over such a boring sport.
    Gotta disagree on that note. We aren't talkin bout golf or swimming. football is the s#*t

Gotta disagree on that note. We aren't talkin bout golf or swimming. football is the s#*t

To each his own. I personally find it an extremely overhyped sport. Though I'm just not a sports fan in general.
    ansextra likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BBrefugee View Post
    Blackberry used to have a pointer. Made selecting text a very easy, one handed operation one could perform while driving. The new devices don't have this. Not going back until they do.
    What the?!

You mean to say you won't switch to BB10 unless they bring back their antiquated, pre-touch-screen, trackpad for selecting text? I have to say this strikes me as odd.

Sure! it was great (and still is on current OS7 devices), sure! there is nothing like it with only a touch screen (although iOS comes closest by my comparison), but moving into a full touch age all you'll get for putting a trackpad on your phone is derision.

I don't see how they have any option but to move away.

Say what you want, but the iPhone has all of these attributes (except JB), and does them very well. Absolutely the best build quality, screen only rivaled by DNA...
    ...Oh, _and_ the new BlackBerry Z10. :o

and chooseable storage...
    By which you don't mean expandable storage, only 'choosable'? Like if I _choose_ 64GB I get to pay, what, $200 or more extra over the 16GB?? Thanks, but I'll take a MicroSD slot over fixed storage any day of the year.

And no lag, which Android still cannot claim at this point...
    But the Z10 can. The BB10 OS is acclaimed to be buttery smooth and lightning quick. Don't forget it's the world's first RTOS, microkernel-driven, mobile phone.

Disclaimer: I am a fan of what BlackBerry has done with this new OS. No, I'm not an investor or the proud owner of a Z10 (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by crester View Post
    Although I wonder how hard it is to make mistakes if swiping from different edges of the screen cause different functions to happen...?
    Lol. Probably as hard as it is to make mistakes touching the different buttons for different functions to happen. :P

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

It made the interface different and better. Everything antiquated is not bad. Selecting text on a touchscreen using menus and gestures is far inferior to the BB pointing device. It's the only thing I miss from my BB days. Besides, BB has weathered a lot of derision and will see a lot more if they survive.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrodmeyer View Post
    What the?!

You mean to say you won't switch to BB10 unless they bring back their antiquated, pre-touch-screen, trackpad for selecting text? I have to say this strikes me as odd.

Sure! it was great (and still is on current OS7 devices), sure! there is nothing like it with only a touch screen (although iOS comes closest by my comparison), but moving into a full touch age all you'll get for putting a trackpad on your phone is derision.

I don't see how they have any option but to move away.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast