Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So now that Blackberry (not called RIM anymore) has unveiled their new Blackberry 10 phones... are any of you guys dropping your Galaxy S3's to pick up one of the new Blackberries?

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Heck no! I don't trust their products anymore. They dropped the ball a long time ago.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm keeping it in mind for when the S3 quits receiving Official updates, fails, or if the custom ROMs for future Android releases are not available. Good to see that a viable option is there.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I do appreciate how they've tried to innovate, and the OS looks kinda cool. But it would take a 4.8" screen, bigger battery, and a better app store before I'd give it a try. And even then, it would be more of an adventure, not because I was sick of or done with Android. Gotta give them credit though for innovating. Unlike Apple.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I would still remain on Android OS platform, but if BlackBerry come back with really good innovative apps (which should includes all the app I use now on Android), I would go for it. For some reason I like the physical keyboard they had on Bold 99xx.

If the GS 4 is better, I would rather go for that unit...

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I do appreciate how they've tried to innovate, and the OS looks kinda cool. But it would take a 4.8" screen, bigger battery, and a better app store before I'd give it a try. And even then, it would be more of an adventure, not because I was sick of or done with Android. Gotta give them credit though for innovating. Unlike Apple.

That's what I'm thinking too, I mean Apple is making the same mistakes RIM did but at least RIM is trying to make something new.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I took a quick skim over the review in CrackBerry but I'm not interested enough to delve any deeper. I'm just wondering what it's selling points are? None of the specs seem better than the GS3 (underwhelming since the GS4 is on it's way), it doesnt have any unique selling points like the Lumia 920 did (great cam, unique looks and interesting UI) and even that phone didn't make a dent on iphone5/GS3 sales stronghold. I'm just sort of baffled with the Z10, the outside looks too much like an iphone5, the inside software looks too much like android, nothing special on top??

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Thing is... people who want Blackberries wouldn't want a 4.8" or larger phone. This is a different market than the Samsung Galaxy S3. I think Blackberry nailed it with the 4.2" screen size.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would still remain on Android OS platform, but if BlackBerry come back with really good innovative apps (which should includes all the app I use now on Android), I would go for it. For some reason I like the physical keyboard they had on Bold 99xx.

If the GS 4 is better, I would rather go for that unit...

A physical keyboard would be nice... but you give up so much screen space on that Q10 phone for the physical keyboard.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. Camera app looks cool though.

Well we will have something very similar soon with "Best Face". The Galaxy Note 2 came with it... and we will get it in the next update.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Thing is... people who want Blackberries wouldn't want a 4.8" or larger phone. This is a different market than the Samsung Galaxy S3. I think Blackberry nailed it with the 4.2" screen size.

Thats not always true at all, at my company especially the older sales force want the largest screen they can get. The issue blackberry is going to have is getting people who have already switched to come back. It's a different situation if you are still running a bold 9700 or a torch because the upgrade might be easy in the sense its a similar platform. Someone like me however who always had a BB in the past moved to a GS3 and I see no advantage to moving back. The specs are good but not great and by the time the phone comes out we will be hearing about the next iphone and GS4, etc.

I do wish Blackberry well and want them to succeed just not sure this phone is going to do it for them.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I definitely agree, but the thread is asking if it's enough currently to make us want to switch. So I am saying No, and giving my reasons. I'm not questioning what BlackBerry did here.

piratefan

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an S3, and I may be the only person on the planet who liked the BB Storm, but I'd jump at the chance to go back to BB. Probably just nostalgia...

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The one thing I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is the licensing cost for companies to get people on a Blackberry server. As I recall it's extremely expensive especially when talking about lots of users. With iPhones, Android and Microsoft using ActiveSync I honestly don't see how Blackberry can hope to get back in the market. ActiveSync has added sufficient security options as far as I know to satisfy most corporations and to my knowledge it's free other than server access and space.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
(Laughs silently) From what I've seen of blackberry 10. Rim basically took the best features of android and the best of iOS, mashed them together, then called it their own creation.

What a joke!?!

Sent from my SPH-L710

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
(Laughs silently) From what I've seen of blackberry 10. Rim basically took the best features of android and the best of iOS, mashed them together, then called it their own creation.

What a joke!?!

Sent from my SPH-L710
Clearly you didn't even check out the features. Alot of the new stuff the BB10 can do has never been done before.

Last edited:

Innerchild

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
@Piratefan: "I don't have an S3, and I may be the only person on the planet who liked the BB Storm, but I'd jump at the chance to go back to BB. Probably just nostalgia... "

I really liked my Storm but as apps grew bigger, it overwhelmed the Storm's (original) memory. I now have a Torch 9850 and recently bought a Note II that I ported my land line number to so I can learn and enjoy the features of Android OS. I do plan to upgrade to the Z10 in May when my upgrade is due but will also keep using the Note II.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois