Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung galaxy s3. Problem transferring media after new system update

My Galaxy S3 underwent a system update last week. Before that I could transfer photos and videos from my phone to my pc with ease. Just open the phone and then select the DCIM folder, locate the images and drop them onto my PC. After the update I can no longer find my photos/videos. I have a video I want to move to my PC but the video folder inside the DCIM folder shows its empty (it is not, I have the videos on my phone.) I checked under both "phone" and "card" and it's the same. How do I transfer these files over USB connection (dropbox is full, don't have google+ and never learned KIES air.)
    Just a cool guy

ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s3. Problem transferring media after new system update

Quote Originally Posted by asieg View Post
    My Galaxy S3 underwent a system update last week. Before that I could transfer photos and videos from my phone to my pc with ease. Just open the phone and then select the DCIM folder, locate the images and drop them onto my PC. After the update I can no longer find my photos/videos. I have a video I want to move to my PC but the video folder inside the DCIM folder shows its empty (it is not, I have the videos on my phone.) I checked under both "phone" and "card" and it's the same. How do I transfer these files over USB connection (dropbox is full, don't have google+ and never learned KIES air.)
    The phone has two connection states: Media Device (MTP) and Camera (PTP). During the update, it's possible that the phone changed this setting on you. When you connect the phone, you should get a little USB icon in the notification bar (looks like Neptune's trident). Pull down the notification bar and it will say something like "Connected as media device / Touch for other USB options." Touch that notification, see which one is checked. Tap the other option to change it and see if your computer recognizes it.

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s3. Problem transferring media after new system update

Maybe set the date? Your post says 1981. How can that be?

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Kreepyken, thanks for the response. I tried in both modes already and it doesn't make any difference.
    axlmyk I'm not sure where the date is that you're seeing, I typed the post from my pc and not my phone though.