Can't receive pictures with wifi

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I'm having a problem. Every time somebody send me a picture and I have wifi on I am never notified and can never download the message. The only way I can receive it is if I turn my wifi off and then download it again. Is there a setting so I can just receive picture message with wifi on?

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You can't receive MMS through Wifi, it has to be through the carriers network/mobile data, which is 4G, LTE, 3G, etc.
Even with WiFi on, your phone should be able to activate the carrier network to receive the messages.
Also if you have an app like Juice Defender on which turns off mobile data off, that may be a cause

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can't receive MMS through Wifi, it has to be through the carriers network/mobile data, which is 4G, LTE, 3G, etc.
Even with WiFi on, your phone should be able to activate the carrier network to receive the messages.
Also if you have an app like Juice Defender on which turns off mobile data off, that may be a cause

This seems to depend per carrier. My Sprint S3 can send and recieve MMS via Wifi (with mobile data off) with zero issues. I've noticed the ATT ones seems to have this problem the most (due to the thread in the ATT section).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, if it is carrier dependent, you can add Verizon to the list of carriers that require a mobile data connection for MMS attachments to work properly.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm on Verizon my friend seems to have no problem. I am using juice defender maybe that is the problem.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm on Verizon my friend seems to have no problem. I am using juice defender maybe that is the problem.

It may be. I don't use juice Defender or anything that messes with system settings.

I have heard ad block can also cause this issue.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.