HELP - Can't connect S3 to Computer for file transfer

Mav5

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am having problem after problem with my S3...

I can't get my computer to recognize my s3 as a storage device so I can transfer files to it. My computer is running windows XP sp3. I have installed all the Samsung drivers and it even recognizes the phone when I plug it in (atleast thats what the little popup says). But when I go to My Computer the phone is not listed anywhere... I tried to go the other route and installed Kies and no luck. It just get's stuck on "connecting" and nothing happens after that. Also when I plug my phone in I get the generic message about the computer not being able to recognize the device. I've tried this both with debugging on and off, aswells as wifi on/off.

Any help would be much appreciated.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

I can't get my computer to recognize my s3 as a storage device so I can transfer files to it. My computer is running windows XP sp3. I have installed all the Samsung drivers and it even recognizes the phone when I plug it in (atleast thats what the little popup says). But when I go to My Computer the phone is not listed anywhere... I tried to go the other route and installed Kies and no luck. It just get's stuck on "connecting" and nothing happens after that. Also when I plug my phone in I get the generic message about the computer not being able to recognize the device. I've tried this both with debugging on and off, aswells as wifi on/off.

have you tried rebooting? using a different cable, different port? have you tried uninstalling samsung drivers rebooting then reconnectin?

Robert White1

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

Cannot fail connecting SGS3 to PC (Easy Solution) - xda-developers

Go here and follow each step EXACTLY, and in the order it is there. Don't skip anything. It'll work after that.
Good luck!

Last edited:

Mav5

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Where is here?

Sent from my SCH-I815 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks I will give this a try! I tried rebooting and reinstalling drivers like originally suggested and nothing still... I am trying to avoid connecting via wifi because the whole reason I am trying to connect to my PC is so that I can root my phone.