If Google ditched Samsung.

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for bringing up something as silly as this but it really matters to me nonetheless. As you all might or might not know, samsung is developing their own os Tizen which i think is hopeless but still interesting. Samsung has been making huge money out of android and one can interpret that Google the owner of the os isnt happy at all that an OEM is making money more than it is.

I love my S3, i think its a superb device and im in love with it, but what if google were to suddenly abandon samsung for being so succesful, where would leave me as a consumer who bought a samsung device? Should i regret not getting a nexus? Should i be worried as a consumer.
All those signs indicate that soon either google will ditch or samsung will google, atleast thats what i think. Im seeking reassurance as to whether i should keeping buying samsung or head over to nexus.

Thanks in advance and please let me know what you think.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Never know until we see Tizen... I'm actually interested in seeing how it's gonna be, the only downfall is the apps are all on android

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for bringing up something as silly as this but it really matters to me nonetheless. As you all might or might not know, samsung is developing their own os Tizen which i think is hopeless but still interesting. Samsung has been making huge money out of android and one can interpret that Google the owner of the os isnt happy at all that an OEM is making money more than it is.

I love my S3, i think its a superb device and im in love with it, but what if google were to suddenly abandon samsung for being so succesful, where would leave me as a consumer who bought a samsung device? Should i regret not getting a nexus? Should i be worried as a consumer.
All those signs indicate that soon either google will ditch or samsung will google, atleast thats what i think. Im seeking reassurance as to whether i should keeping buying samsung or head over to nexus.

Thanks in advance and please let me know what you think.

There is absolutely no chance of Google ditching Samsung. Google's Android OS is (more-or-less) open source. They provide it free to whomever wants to use it to run their devices. If those companies make a ton of money, Google is happy. Google makes most of their Android-related money on advertising. They make money when you use Google Now/Search, maps, gmail, etc. The more people that buy Samsung Android phones, the more people use these services, so the more money Google makes.

If Samsung and Google pull apart, it will be because Samsung decides to go in a different direction. I don't really see that happening, though. Their users are so heavily invested in Android, that they'll lose a lot of people if they change their OS.

As far as Tizen, that's never going to pick up steam in most of the world. Especially with Microsoft and the rejuvinated Blackberry both vying for 3rd place. There is no real opportunity for Tizen to even make a dent unless Microsoft and Blackberry both implode. Not to mention, Samsung never tried to replace Android with Bada or Meego, so I don't anticipate them ditching Android for Tizen.

Evoken

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I really doubt Samsung would ditch Android for Tizen, it is far more likely that they'll fork Android to produce their own version of it like Amazon did.

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Never know until we see Tizen... I'm actually interested in seeing how it's gonna be, the only downfall is the apps are all on android

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
I am interested but its really hard for it to survive unless it has some really cool features that would make people jump ship. Thank you for your answer. :))

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
There is absolutely no chance of Google ditching Samsung. Google's Android OS is (more-or-less) open source. They provide it free to whomever wants to use it to run their devices. If those companies make a ton of money, Google is happy. Google makes most of their Android-related money on advertising. They make money when you use Google Now/Search, maps, gmail, etc. The more people that buy Samsung Android phones, the more people use these services, so the more money Google makes.

If Samsung and Google pull apart, it will be because Samsung decides to go in a different direction. I don't really see that happening, though. Their users are so heavily invested in Android, that they'll lose a lot of people if they change their OS.

As far as Tizen, that's never going to pick up steam in most of the world. Especially with Microsoft and the rejuvinated Blackberry both vying for 3rd place. There is no real opportunity for Tizen to even make a dent unless Microsoft and Blackberry both implode. Not to mention, Samsung never tried to replace Android with Bada or Meego, so I don't anticipate them ditching Android for Tizen.

Oh, i never thought about that. Wow, i guess google is benefiting equally. I agree, tizen could meet the fate of bada. The only way i see is if samsung bought rim.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes