Text not being automatically changed to the predicted word

entropykc

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently running 4.1.2, and since doing my most recent firmware update my keyboard hasn't been working properly. The text prediction works fine, just as it did before, just now it doesn't automatically put in the word it predicts. Say for example I type in "predoction", it will predict "prediction" as the highlighted word, but when I press space it will not replace my mis-typed word, and will instead add it to both the text AND my custom dictionary. This is extremely annoying and I have a lot of words in my dictionary I don't want. How can I fix this?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the default Samsung keyboard? I've found that even with SwiftKey3 I have to press on the auto corrected word before it shows up spelled properly in the message body. I've not played around with the SwiftKey settings much, but perhaps there's a way to adjust the behavior.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I assume that you're using the stock keyboard? Did you check the various settings to make sure that predictive text is on? Was this working fine before the update to 4.1.2?
If you don't want to try an alternate keyboard (like SwiftKey) you may want to do a Factory Reset - depending on how big a change the update was it's usually a good idea.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the default Samsung keyboard? I've found that even with SwiftKey3 I have to press on the auto corrected word before it shows up spelled properly in the message body. I've not played around with the SwiftKey settings much, but perhaps there's a way to adjust the behavior.

Depends on your SwiftKey 3 settings. As you can see I have mine set to space so it helps with fixing words automatically.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359853055153.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359853055153.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 16

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Depends on your SwiftKey 3 settings. As you can see I have mine set to space so it helps with fixing words automatically.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
Nice. I hadn't checked this out in awhile. Mine is set to "complete the current word". The option below it is to "always insert a prediction".

sukant08

May 9, 2012
Visit site
After up-gradation to 4.1.2, it seems Samsung has added two keyboards in the options. One is the default Samsung Keyboard. Other should be something like 'Samsung Regional keyboard'. For me, it is 'Samsung Indian keyboard'!! Now by default 'Samsung Keyboard' is selected as the input method. And for some weird reasons, that keyboard doesnt have automatic word completion and word substitution, any more!!!
To get them back you will have to switch to 'Samsung Regional keyboard' or something like that!! This is inside Language and Input menu in Settings.

entropykc

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
It was working 100% fine and I actually quite liked the keyboard before this update broke it. I am using hte stock keyboard yes.

ANewUser

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know of any Android Keyboard that will allow BB-style "text expansion"? That is, I type "myaddr" and I get 4534 NowhereRoad, Stockton, CA 20933 (or indeed a full paragraph(s) if I've programmed that)? And I don;t mean that the phone will "suggest" the substitution, I mean the phone will immediately type it out in the live field. Help ??!!?

Sonja Scott

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Im having this problem after installing the latest Samsung update. i HATE IT!! its so frustrating that it wont change the word! it highlights the word on the screen but if you press the space bar, it leaves the messy word you wrote in the text box.

How can we fix this?? Has this been reported to Samsung?! they NEED to fix this ASAP as it is a MAJOR thing (for me anyway)

I've just installed that Swift Key everyone has been talking about but come on, seriously we have to install a new keyboard cos the normal standard one is that f*cked that we cant use it properly? thats not very good hey.

sorry for my rant, just really frustrated at the fact that Updates are meant to be there to help improve the phone, not make it worse.. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21