Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By badbrad17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Talking Google Play Music??

Hey guys.

I got a new Galaxy S3, and I want to put music on it. I already have about 100 songs from my iPad on iTunes. I understand there's a Samsung Music Player App and a Google Play Music app, and I don't really know the difference. Which one should I use?

Also, since using Google Play Music seems pretty logical, how do I put my music onto my phone? I transferred my iTunes music to my Google Play library on my computer, but do I have to DOWNLOAD all 100 songs onto my computer for it to work?

Thanks!!

Default Re: Google Play Music??

Download the Google music app and it will be there

Sent from an orange potato......no, really
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

On my computer? Or on my Galaxy?

Galaxy

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I already have the Play Music app on my Galaxy. It comes preloaded.

If you have your music in the cloud, you can stream it using the Google Play App on either WiFi or mobile data. If you choose to pin any songs/albums/play lists to the phone then those songs will be downloaded to the phone and you can play them anytime, even if your phone doesn't have a data connection.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by KajGuy View Post
    Hey guys.

I got a new Galaxy S3, and I want to put music on it. I already have about 100 songs from my iPad on iTunes. I understand there's a Samsung Music Player App and a Google Play Music app, and I don't really know the difference. Which one should I use?

Also, since using Google Play Music seems pretty logical, how do I put my music onto my phone? I transferred my iTunes music to my Google Play library on my computer, but do I have to DOWNLOAD all 100 songs onto my computer for it to work?

Thanks!!
    if you only have 100 songs you may as well just copy them to your phone. Just plug it in to your computer and it works like a USB drive. Just make a folder called music and copy the songs over. It will only take a few minutes to copy.

Then when you open the Play music app the music will automatically show up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    geekymcfly likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    if you only have 100 songs you may as well just copy them to your phone. Just plug it in to your computer and it works like a USB drive. Just make a folder called music and copy the songs over. It will only take a few minutes to copy.

Then when you open the Play music app the music will automatically show up.

I opened iTunes, selected all the songs, and copied them. When I went to my phone's 'Music" folder, it wouldn't let me paste them. I don't know why.

You said earlier that you already transferred your music from iTunes to Google Music on your desktop - if that's the case, the music should show up in the Google Music app on your phone. Just play whatever you want, and pin any songs that you want to remain on the phone.
    Edit: I don't think you can manually copy/paste music from iTunes - it's probably all DRM protected.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by KajGuy View Post
    I opened iTunes, selected all the songs, and copied them. When I went to my phone's 'Music" folder, it wouldn't let me paste them. I don't know why.
    drag them into a folder on your computer first then to your phone.

Android Evangelist

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    You said earlier that you already transferred your music from iTunes to Google Music on your desktop - if that's the case, the music should show up in the Google Music app on your phone. Just play whatever you want, and pin any songs that you want to remain on the phone.
    Edit: I don't think you can manually copy/paste music from iTunes - it's probably all DRM protected.

it's just a drag and drop thing. It used to work in older versions but doesn't any more. You have to copy it to a folder or copy it from the original folder.

Android Evangelist