Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default text alert won't change

I've watched youtube videos on how to change the notifications sounds, but there's nothing on my phone that will change the text alert sound from the US Cell tone. I have no "settings" option when I open the message app menu. This can't possibly be the only tone!? I've only had the phone a few days, but it can't be that hard to change a sound, can it?

Default Re: text alert won't change

Are you using the stock messaging app? On my S3, if I start the messaging app, then tap the menu button, the bottom item on the menu says "settings." Tap that, scroll down to the Notifications section, and you should be able to select a "ringtone" there.

You have to be on the main screen of the messaging app, listing all the conversations. If you open a specific conversation, then the menu is different.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

You're referring to the stock Messaging app? When you first start the app (not when you're in an actual message thread), if you press the Menu button, there's no Settings option in the menu that's shown?text alert won't change-uploadfromtaptalk1360031053849.jpgThere should be, unless you have a drastically different app. Once in the Settings menu, scroll down until you see the "Select ringtone" option.text alert won't change-uploadfromtaptalk1360031192805.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I was in individual message threads. Thanks, got it now