- 2 Posts
text alert won't change
I've watched youtube videos on how to change the notifications sounds, but there's nothing on my phone that will change the text alert sound from the US Cell tone. I have no "settings" option when I open the message app menu. This can't possibly be the only tone!? I've only had the phone a few days, but it can't be that hard to change a sound, can it?
- 02-04-2013, 09:12 PM #2
- 5,152 Posts
Re: text alert won't change
Are you using the stock messaging app? On my S3, if I start the messaging app, then tap the menu button, the bottom item on the menu says "settings." Tap that, scroll down to the Notifications section, and you should be able to select a "ringtone" there.
You have to be on the main screen of the messaging app, listing all the conversations. If you open a specific conversation, then the menu is different.BROKE MY WRIST AND TYPING ONE-HANDED! Please forgive all typos.
PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. Otherwise, it's like calling your doctor and saying "My head hurts." Your doctor can't treat you unless he knows whether you have a headache or a concussion, and we can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they occurred.
Give a person an answer, and you've solved one problem. Teach a person to search, and you have helped them solve problems forever.
Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
- 02-04-2013, 09:27 PM #3
- 3,140 Posts
- By jarhead57 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible 2Replies: 12Last Post: 05-21-2011, 06:01 AM
- By Emilluminati in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 10-04-2010, 09:46 PM
- By ajsonnick in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 5Last Post: 03-02-2010, 05:38 PM
- By dirtmerchant in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 2Last Post: 02-28-2010, 10:11 PM
- By CynicalDreams81 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 0Last Post: 12-03-2009, 08:13 PM