- 1 Posts
Phone screen stays dimly lit in standby mode
Earlier today u dropped my phone in water I quickly retrieved it and it's working perfectly but for some reason why I put my phone in standby I gets a dim Grey in the corners and a thin white line on the top and bottom and instead of being completely black the whole screen is like a dark Grey, and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent this, because it will obv decrease Mt battery life and will probably be harmful to the screen
- 02-05-2013, 08:22 AM #2
Re: Phone screen stays dimly lit in standby mode
If you haven't already, shut down, pull the battery, wait a few minutes, and try again.
Even better, if you have the time, shut the phone down, pull the battery, then stick the phone and battery in a sealed ziplock bag or plastic storage container filled with rice. For at least a few hours, 24 hours if you can manage it. The rice will help absorb any moisture still left in the phone.PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. Otherwise, it's like calling your doctor and saying "My head hurts." Your doctor can't treat you unless he knows whether you have a headache or a concussion, and we can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they occurred.
If I've helped you, please press the Thanks button.
Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
- By Couchchicago in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 11Last Post: 01-22-2013, 10:50 PM
- By bradenfontaine in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 9Last Post: 08-13-2012, 09:34 AM
- By GR8REVIL in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 1Last Post: 09-30-2011, 12:14 AM
- By kstoutdog in forum Acer Iconia A500Replies: 9Last Post: 08-31-2011, 12:50 PM
- By jayfo24 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 7Last Post: 06-04-2010, 11:01 PM