Issue with yahoo mail

Geoff Cook

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm recently converted to the world of android and loving my phone.
I do have a issue with the default mail app though.
When I tried to set up my yahoo mail account it keeps telling me the name / password incorrect.
It's a yahoo.co.uk address.
When I change the address to yahoo.com it works and sets up the account and I can receive my email with out a problem.
But this means that any emails I write, be it fresh or replies, get sent from a yahoo.com address which doesn't exist, this mean people can't reply to me without changing the email address each time. It not a massive issue but frustrating and annoying when you in the middle of a covnversation and have to retype address each time

I know you can get a yahoo mail app but would like to keep all my mail in one place

Anybody have any ideas?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not in the U.K., so I haven't seen anything similar. But Yahoo has an app (at least in the U.S. version of the app store). Might be worth trying that.

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
To the OP let me know how the enail app goes, i am close to getting a S3 i hope. And have a concern, i have a US email. But i dont mind downloading the app.

But to others that may answer my question can i set up my yahoo email with the phone? Instead of using gmail?

Thank yall

Taylor7617

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes.... Yahoo email works fine with the GS3. I setup my yahoo on the stock email app, loaded but for some reason wouldn't sync very well. I found the Yahoo app in the Play store and ever since setting that up it has worked great! It synched; loaded all my previous folders, contacts, saved sent messages...all works 100% and no issues with deleting emails from the phone but still showing on server when checking from pc.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've used both the Yahoo app and the standard mail app without any issues. For what I use Yahoomail for, the stock email app works fine.

bobbyp5

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I got the yahoo app besides using the stock email, it seems to be pushing emails as soon as they come. I would download the app and see what your results are! cheers!

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
On the phone i have now. It just keeps up, but i will prob use the gmail for forums and facebook but i will look into the app once i get he phone

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you send yourself an e-mail to another e-mail address and check where it comes from then try to reply to yourself?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo