Galaxy S3 died. :(

lilwetduckie

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I have searched this and I have come across a few threads where it shows the S3 dying, but not charging at all.

Mine died tonight while listening to music while, when I thought it was charging. I came home and plugged it in to my charger because it was redline with the battery. And I didn't even check to make sure the light was on to show it registered the charger. Well, after so long, I realized there was no more music playing. I then realized there was no red light on, like it normally is when you have your S3 charging. I tried other outlets, and I even went upstairs to try my husband's charger. I then proceeded to remove the back cover, battery and reassemble it. I plugged it in again, and voila! the light came on. I go back downstairs and I plugged it in hoping the case just got in the way, but now the light won't stay on. The red light comes on when you first plug it in, and only stays on for about thirty seconds to a minute and then cuts off. I unplug it and plug it back in and that is what it keeps doing. I have not battery life left in it, to even cut it back on. I am sad.

I am lucky enough that I bought my phone from Best Buy and have their insurance. I am just sad that I work all day tomorrow and will be without a phone until Friday probably.

Anyone else had a similar problem and fix it?!

Thanks!

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Even though you have insurance it would be nice to know if it is your battery or the S3. If the S3 it means you will have to download all your apps and then set the defaults for your apps (unless you are rooted and have a backup). If you husband also has a S3 I would suggest that you try putting his battery in your S3 (sounds a little sexy :) ) to see if your S3 comes to life and you could also try putting your battery in his S3 to see theresponse.

lilwetduckie

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Sadly my husband is a dork and doesn't have have an S3 (he has a Photon).

I am going to have take it to Best Buy to see what they say. I did have it do something. It vibrated when I plugged it in with no light showing. And I ended up having my battery show up on the screen... and the red light came back on... but again, after a few minutes, it was out again.

I am either thinking it is either the battery or the plug inside the phone. Shrug.

I will let you know what they say/what they do. :) Thanks!

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Sadly my husband is a dork and doesn't have have an S3 (he has a Photon).

I am going to have take it to Best Buy to see what they say. I did have it do something. It vibrated when I plugged it in with no light showing. And I ended up having my battery show up on the screen... and the red light came back on... but again, after a few minutes, it was out again.

I am either thinking it is either the battery or the plug inside the phone. Shrug.

I will let you know what they say/what they do. :) Thanks!

I saw another thread where someone had something very similar happen and they were on Verizon. Said that if there is a small built up static charge that they pulled the battery and sim card and held the power button for ten seconds. They then put the sim and battery back in and out then worked fine with no issues charging. Since I believe you said your husband has a photon you must be on sprint which would mean no sim card. You may try removing the battery and holding the power button just to try..

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE