- 27 Posts
Post water damage problems
So, the other day I accidentally put my phone in the washing machine (yeah, I know.. Big mistake) then I did the bag of rice thing, and it worked. The screen is on, the thing vibrates, led lights are working properly and everything, but...... Now my back and menu buttons aren't working. I do have insurance with it but they want 130 to replace it. Does anyone know a work around or any way to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
- 02-11-2013, 01:41 PM #2
Re: Post water damage problems
I doubt there's any way to actually repair those buttons. On the chance that there's still a bit of moisture in there, you could try taking off the back, removing the battery, and blow drying the phone from the inside out. My son managed to get his iPod touch wet a couple of years ago, and it was really flakey for quite a while, but after 3 or 4 months it finally started working normally again. Good luck.PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
- 04-09-2013, 07:15 AM #3
- 04-09-2013, 07:20 AM #4Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
- By Gtronic in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 12-31-2010, 10:41 AM
- By tmac4life#CB in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 48Last Post: 08-13-2010, 03:51 PM
- By aznmode in forum EVO AccessoriesReplies: 13Last Post: 07-09-2010, 06:36 PM
- By burnthiscity in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 06-21-2010, 09:03 AM
- By kellte2 in forum EVO AccessoriesReplies: 16Last Post: 06-04-2010, 02:12 PM